Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts

Overall the main thing is the one that everyone know. TESTING (ok, not everyone know how to TEST, we know it too).
Again, another option which is coming to game - looks like “friday launch” in IT where everyone know how to NOT launch.

People in tech talk about AI, intelligent robots and crazy interconnected devices… but @ Blizzard you need to log you main so that your alts “know” the r3 essences your have on your main. It’s hilarious. Do alts reside on a different planet on another company servers? Aliens?

It’s like the stupid bureaucracy in some countries where you have to go to a government office to pick up a paper you need as input to another government office in the same building. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And what was wrong exactly about having the essences unlocked account wide?
This doesn’t help at all. You still need massive activity on the alt, for a chance to get maybe 1 essence per week. This can barely be done on one alt. Not to mention you got to neglect your main now too. What’s so hard about making things simple and just giving us what we asked for.

I’m so perky about how they implemented a faulty system where players who did not log their main first didnt get echoes. Just makes me feel so great by confirming when I said that they’re heavily incompetent and are employing people just for fun at this point. Well, Im not having fun

3 Likes

Essence cost should be 200-300, not 500 at current currency drop rates.

And they should unlock all role specific essences from Eternal Palace, Battlegrounds, Mythic+ and Rajani/Uldum Accord reputation to alts just like they already did with Nazjatar/Mechagone rep essences.

1 Like

With my DH I have open 10+ mythic chest / PvP chest i have done Uldum Invassion, 3Heroic Bosses.
I have 8 Rank 3 Essences and 1 rank 4 and i don’t have take any of the ECHOES OF NY’ALOTHA from nowhere.

WoW community in a nutshell:

Person 1: I’ve done so you should have to do it too.

Person 2: I have done it, I just don’t want to do it all over again for no reason.

Person 1: Haha noob, I done it, you need to git gud.

Person 2: I did do it, but don’t want to do it again for an alt. It’s pointless at this stage.

Person 1: I done it haha, git gud noob.

Dude, we’re talking about alts. Not every person is going to just have the time to clear a full run, or even have access to a +12. Get serious and stop looking at everything as the best case scenario and start looking at it differently.

This system is absolute GARBAGE. I have most rank 3’s that I would use on a dps, and again most on a healer. So not worried per se. However that doesn’t mean that this could not be so much easier. This is 8.2 content fam. Why are we jumping through hoops on something that was just put in the game as a fix for an earlier failure.

Get real.

2 Likes

we all agree they could have just give instant essences
but playng like 10-15 hours and get most of them on your alt is basiclaly the same sooooo…

You’ll get 5 or 6 essences by the time you catch-up with the cloak level by only doing weekly assaults and visions

A fresh alt will get an essence just by doing the 8.3 intro questline and running the first few visions with the bonus vessels

You can actually forget the essence grind and just focus on your gear as every content rewarding gear will give you the currency.

So yeah

Getting mad over something given for free for doing content you would’ve done anyway is retarded.

I like the idea, but I hate the execution of it. Still way too much farming to be done for EACH alt. I myself have all classes in lvl 120, and the work to get essences would just be way too much.
I did a M+3 earlier with a couple of friends, and in the end I got 3 echoes. 3! If I would continue to do +3 keys, it would take me 167 dungeon runs.

2 Likes

The system is indeed garbage. I have alot of alts that I WANT to play, but I just dont have the time to catch up on all the essences and all in the middle writing my master’s degree. Its way too much work still

2 Likes

Well I got issues obtaining echoes. I logged on every alts who obtained essences (meaning I did not logged on lvl 1 / trial mode / alts who did not make it to BFA). Still, MOTHER will not suggest me anything apart from purifying corrupted items. In addition one of my alts completed the Ankoians expedition but cannot turn it back : objectives completed but no rewards whatsoever!

Tried to reconnect and anything I could think of but still no echoes / Ankoians reward for me :confused:

Any ideas anyone?

Hmm miraculously I just could turn back that Ankoian expedition a few minutes after

im mistake and I first online with my alt and now what am I doing I don’t need Echoes of Ny’alotha with this char. what am I doing for change char to main ?

Maybe this isn’t a game for you. I came to the same conclusion, this isn’t a game for me, anymore. It changed, since I joined in the start of WotLK. Once this tier is finished, I am out. Pls don’t ask for my gold, I am in debt. Hahaha.

I don’t dare hand in any more emissaries, or basically do much on alts now. I’m not getting EoNA on my main - I did get 300 from the weekly chest this after noon. But haven’t got any from the HC raidbosses i killed, Vale assault nor the emissary quest i just handed in! Still only 300 in my currency tab!

I don’t really have any essences to buy for the main, so it’s not a big issue on her. It is for any alts are losing them though. My main has essences to earn, just not very likely I’ll do them on any toon due to them being pvp rewards.

How about if you obtain the rank 3 essence later? My ex main is 30% short of getting Rank 3 lucid dreams, my new main doesn’t have it and doesn’t receive any Echoes atm, so if I grind the rank 3 on my ex-main should I be able to get it after next weekly reset? Or do I have to grind it again?

I have to say that this system is a bit confusing…

this is why this game sucks more after each xpax… because it once was played by HC players, now by mongos that have your mentality lol

So, I have done emissaries, assault and other activities and still haven’t received a single Echoes on my main (alliance). Strangely enough, my horde alt got some from emissaries. Seriously, what the hell?

And I guess in typical Blizzard fashion, they won’t give anything back just a “we screwed up, so screw you”.

You are worse than him at deciding what people are doing.

And yes he is right, a lot of players have IRL priorities over WoW and may not have the time to ivest in grinding so they can play what’s current. Look, everyone wants to be powerful in game. No one wants to hit like a wet noodle forever. As such, we should at least have access to last patches system on an easier platform, so that we can do what’s current without having to delay everything just to make sure we have essences.

What… So if i play the hours my life allows to play then I dont need or deserve R3 essences… OK FAM!