Off Season Arena

So i though hey im gonna unpack my affliction lock. After doing to much questing i tried some “rated” Arena capping. For the PvP Essence, so im wondering first:

Do i even get the essence r2, what u usually got after the cap above 1k rating.

Or do i need to wait for season start for that D:

and 2nd:

Is there placement games in this off season? Or doesnt it matter what matches you won, cause i was just wondering why my team mmr was dropping after winning and winning^^’

ht tps://imgur.com/a/S4oo8oF

Also:
BLIZZARD make essences Accountwide!!!

Off-season works exactly the same as normal Seasonal Arena, with the exception that all the Seasonal rewards are locked and you cannot make progress toward them anymore. So Duelist, Gladiator, Rank 1, they’re all locked. But you can still work toward and earn your Essence. Likewise, your MMR and rating still go up and down as per usual.

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

i never understood placement games, but should’t my mmr go up after winning and queing against higher mmr. I mean even after i won my mmr slightly dropped and enemy mmr stayed allround the same all time.

The thing is, i know this about not getting titles, im just wondering because of the essence amount you get is depending on your rating. So this still works as usual?

But it seems like then. Thanks^^

Placement games aren’t really a thing anymore. Blizzard stopped resetting the MMR after each season back in MoP I think. Since then your character has basically had one long MMR history, it’s just the rating that resets each Season.

As far as the Essence goes, then yeah, it works as per usual. Win games, get rating, also in off-season. :slightly_smiling_face:

Placement games are still very much a thing.

For the first ~10 games in a new season you’re locked into meeting teams at ~1700mmr even if your own team’s avg. MMR is vastly different.

And Blizzard still does MMR flushes after each season, just not all the way down to baseline MMR.

Why do you even try to give advice when you clearly dont even participate in this game mode? Rethoric question btw. Dont answer.

Sure. Placement games are still a thing, but they’re not placement games like in the past (pre-MoP), which I referred to. But I’ll be sure to word myself better for the future and tie the sentences together so they make a uniform point.

I believe they deflate the MMR. But it’s not reset like it was pre-MoP. Do correct me if I’m wrong about that. I think what I said is true, though I suppose there are some technicalities behind “reset” vs. “deflate” vs. “flush”(?). Maybe I should have specified, but I didn’t.

Because after 7 hours and 8 hours respectively, no one else had. Feel free to fill the void.

As if id have known this would happen, i only got the r1 essence, as if id not been over 1k rating

But hey, atleast i could get the m+ essence corretly…

Jito stop.

you haven’t queued arena in years (if ever). Placement games are still VERY MUCH a thing. So much so that multiple rank 1 players with 3000cr queued with their friends on 0 cr alts last season to farm out the required 150 wins for rank 1.

Not only that, but during pre-season, placement games are SUPER bugged and if you start the pre-season on 0 CR you will remain in placement game purgatory until the actual arena season starts.

Stop posting in the arena section of the forums. Spreading misinformation and corrosive opionions won’t help you earn your MVP badge any faster.

Yeah, opinions are good and all but misinformation is the limit. You can’t stop expressing opinion on a format you don’t take part in, alright, but don’t let those opinions be expressed as if they were facts when you’re so very wrong.

idi i express something as fact? Can you show me please? Whoops nevermind, i think you ment Jiito so, the forum symbol for new post and reply looks the same.

Thats why i though you talked aobout me^^

Sorry for that

It was indeed for him and not for you.

I’m not so rabid as to attack people on sight with no reason !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.