Off-tank playstyle for Demo warlock

Hi guys.
Im working on a Demo-warlock redesign right now (based on WoD and MoP - you can see my last post taking about it here)

I wanted to ask if people would like to see the “Demo off tank” style (ofc with some changes to make it competitive) returning.
you can see two warlocks tanking MoP LFR in this video to understand a bit more about it

to make it clear: im talking about some sort of “Glyph of Demon Hunting” (the playstyle is like what is presented in the video)

im NOT going to turn demo into an all-in tank spec or make a tank spec for warlocks

so what are you saying? would you like to see some sort of an “off tank” build for demo or should that playstyle die?

1 Like

Gimme a legitimate tanking spec based on sustaining demonform by extended combat while still having access to modified warlock spells.

I wouldn’t mind a 4th spec as a tank. I did have some fun tanking with the glyph in dungeons and normal/flex raids with friends. Some improvements to the abilities and rotation etc would be nice. It played a bit weird back then, but I think it was supposed to be just a bit of fun.

Pls no stop this, we have enough tank specs in the game. And warlock should stay a dps class.

"A warlock with this glyph should feel like they are about as effective tanking as an Arms warrior who pulls out a shield and swaps to Defensive Stance, or a Feral druid who goes into Bear form. " - Ghostcrawler, 2012.

I’m just asking if warlocks would like to have the ability to do it - NOT turning demo into an all-in tank spec or making a tank spec for warlock (4th spec).

1 Like

Even off tank should not be a thing, because er should be the tanky caster. If you fight a warlock in pvp your thoughts should be “how long can i cc him?” And not “how fast I’m gonna kill him today?”

God I got nostalgic watching this. Man I miss this time

1 Like

i remember tanking the blood princes in ICC. good times

Destruction used to be the off tank spec btw (back in the day, when we had searing pain, when we had to offtank in TK, SSC, SWP and BT).

It also had pretty good flow, you would spam searing pain to gain a lot of threat, then shatter soul to drop threat and tank can take over.

There is nothing stopping them from making any spec into anything.

You can make affliction a healer, similar to disc priest, doing damage heals people. It even fits thematically.

I for one wouldn’t mind. Though all this MDI, Arena championship, Hall of Fame crap is completely ruining all the fun in WoW lately. They for some reason think WoW still matters in eSports. Just drop that and give us good class design, nobody cares about these pseudo relevant artificially created forcefully pushed things.

They just have to accept that they failed on the class, but they never will.
Warlock was so much fun in MoP, can’t wait to have mop classic server

2 Likes

I definetly think that demo as the realisation of tanky lock through meta is great idea, while it should not be all out tank, the idea you are suggesting of tanky meta demo is something I kinda agree with.

Anyway in general I also make posts concerning reworking of warlock from time to time and I’m glad more people try to do it as well.

Warlock community is the among the most resourceful and creative communities, yet ironicaly we are the community Blizzard listens to the least.

3 Likes

Just doesn’t even make sense. Gul’dan on mythic difficulty peetty much was in his version of meta

1 Like

True Gul’dan is the best example for Demonology warlock. That is what I call a master summoner, not the ingame version

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.