Official Blizzard Gear Store blocked by banks?

Hello Blizzard.
I am in doubt.
I really want to order the upcoming Collector’s Edition of Dragonflight, but it seems to only be exclusively available on eu. gear. blizzard .com for europeans.

Problem here is the reputation of the store with customers, and with banks.
I tried to order and got CARD DECLINED, puzzled as i had money in it I contacted the bank, and they said they had blocked access to the website since it had recevied a lot of complaints from their cardholders for problems with orders, and refunds.

I decided to google a bit…Tustpilot rating is a 1…for the EU store.

Wow…is an understatement looking at Trustpilot feedbacks.

Then there is REDIT posts with tonns of horrible feedbacks of people getting scammed by the blizzard EU store.

A blue post suggest people to use the US store
eu. forums. blizzard.com en wow t i-feel-scammed-by-blizzard-gear-store 311991/3?sscid=91k6_cbvqf&=true Pointing them there…
But that is not for EU customers.

Problem here is not only the STORE, but the fact that the Collectible version of WoW Dragonflight is stated to be a Blizzard Store Exclusive!..meaning no other retailers can sell it…or get copies to sell…which i got with last expansion, from a webretailer who sold locally.

So BLIZZARD, before Dragonflight launches, please review the horribleness of the reviews of the EU STORE and please address it as I feel extremely sad and reluctant to order from there now when i read all the bad reviews and comments, and when even my BANK has blocked them based on customers reporting them for scamming/FRAUD.

Please comment blizzard, or at least make the CE edition available to retailers outside of your horrible trusted rated store in the EU.

EDIT, i contacted the UK store, apparently they are the same outlet as the EU store…AND the US Store. So the suggestion in the blue post to shop at the US store link is not relevant, as it is the same company/outlet handling everything.

Please Blizzard, release Collectors edition to retailers. Your official gear store has a horrible customer reputation.

I have played wow since 2004 and do not want a digital-only version as I like the hard physical boxes.

Boof

6 Likes

is it that important that you have to have the collectors edition ?

Wow doesnt make gamers queue up in the streets like it used to back in the day…

the move away from all retailers makes sense if you ask me.

2 Likes

Yes. To me as a collector it is.

2 Likes

This is kinda not the solution. Blizzard should really fix this problem. It should also be in their interest that their site is working as intended, as it would make them more money.

4 Likes

Buy it from a different source maybe? Your local games store, or an online retailer? Someone thats more trustworthy?

I use PayPal, always worked and it’s much more controlled and secured.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The bank probably lied. Just ask them to allow them.

Trustpilot is a joke, they change companies to remove negative reviews.

2 Likes

Usually the ones who leave reviews are the one complaining something went wrong. If I’m happy with a product I don’t care leaving a review

Problem you have there is that High Street retailers wont stock them as the cost is too high for the product, and the demand would be too low.

Is this a fact or you’re just assuming?

Fair enough, but I like to give reviews when I’m happy about a product!

it does not allow paypal, only credit cards on checkout.

Blockquote

That is not at all true. Please give any proof of this instead of assuming. Making something exclusive to a web-shop that cannot send stuff as agreed on preorders is the worst business decision you can make.

A bank has no reason whatsoever to lie about this, and they would never take action against a specific website just from 1 complaint, it would take a LOT of complaints for them to block it.

1 Like

IIRC, Blizzard don’t manage or operate their own online stores. They subcontract that out to a company called Fanfics.

I don’t know if Fanfics manage both the EU and the US stores, or just the US one though.

Telephone agents have so many calls to get through. What matters is that they end the call as soon as possible. If they tell you something wrong they get you off the phone and bring down the queue. Or… more likely… they are just incompetent.

That’s more likely a person being wrong on the phone or Blizzard being - actually - dodgy.

Banks fraud algorithms create false positives all the time Any competent person would have verified it’s a legit purchase and put it through - but that takes time.

Defend the bank all you want, it’s not my purchase.

1 Like

Don’t tell me it isn’t at all true!!
I run a Game store in the UK, so I think I have accurate info on the situation.

1 Like

They still exist… :astonished:

You’ll be the only Game store then.

I see the Google Pay logo at the bottom of their home page, would that be possible for you?

Nvm, tried their checkout payment options. Only credit/debit cards accepted.

Awesome sauce.

Yes they still exist, what a stupid comment.

2 Likes