Official WoW servers for South Africa

15/07/2018 14:19Posted by Dejarous
15/07/2018 13:44Posted by Raiden

Yeah man i bet people will play WOW in a hut in the middle of the savanna with lions outside the window..

Please stop, ignorance isn't something you should advertise.

Did you miss the part where 20% of the population in South Africa don't even have electricity? The post you quoted is basically exaggeration to get the point across.
15/07/2018 11:48Posted by Psykè
Russian player plays but wow but there is no server

I was under the impression Russian servers still exist. They just gave them the right to play on the EU ones.
15/07/2018 14:19Posted by Psykè
Super helpful thank you for your help

You've been given an answer, you've been shown how, why and what for, yet you are just sitting there refusing to listen, instead coming up with sarcastic comments like this.

There are many larger markets that could do with their own local servers, SA is not one of them face it.
15/07/2018 15:02Posted by Calydor
15/07/2018 14:19Posted by Dejarous

Please stop, ignorance isn't something you should advertise.

Did you miss the part where 20% of the population in South Africa don't even have electricity? The post you quoted is basically exaggeration to get the point across.

I made that post, now my memory isn't what it used to be but I'm not quite at the alheimers stage yet. But if you think lions just chill outside houses there then whatever.
15/07/2018 17:32Posted by Dejarous
15/07/2018 15:02Posted by Calydor

I made that post, now my memory isn't what it used to be but I'm not quite at the alheimers stage yet. But if you think lions just chill outside houses there then whatever.

I don't pay attention to who posts what, sorry.

But that's the part I meant about exaggeration. I can't recall if English has a similar expression, but in my native language we say that exaggeration promotes understanding. Obviously there aren't lions running around in the various rural villages, but the point is -they might as well- considering the level of technology those villages are sitting at without electricity and running water. They are NOT going to go out and get solar cells, laptops and cellphones to play WoW because there's suddenly a local server to play on.
Oceania got their servers a few years ago and there are probably not that many players there... the probability of South Africa gaining their own servers is 7-8 years away.
People seem to be forgetting, it's not just making some new realms in South Africa, it's the translation of the game as well. People will want it in their mother tongue.
15/07/2018 23:45Posted by Gourmandises
Oceania got their servers a few years ago and there are probably not that many players there... the probability of South Africa gaining their own servers is 7-8 years away.

They are dead and cause huge lag to any US players that get connected to them in random groups.

I suspect Blizzard had plans for the region other than WoW. The Italian servers failed and that's a larger population than a SA one would be.

Besides a SA would be connected to NA servers I would expect not Europe.
16/07/2018 00:05Posted by Dottie
People seem to be forgetting, it's not just making some new realms in South Africa, it's the translation of the game as well. People will want it in their mother tongue.

English is pretty much spoken by all there.
1 Like
16/07/2018 01:09Posted by Dejarous
English is pretty much spoken by all there.

And those who don't miss out.
I don't think the player base is big enough to support dedicated instance servers, you will be queuing for hours. Then just like Russia, Spain, Italy and Portual you will think to yourself... wait a minute, I speak English.

You will connect to EU EN and blizzard have wasted a small fortune.
16/07/2018 00:27Posted by Someoneelse

I doubt it. NA is much further than the EU and has a far greater time difference. It wouldn't make much sense.

We have a South African guy in my guild and, obviously, he chose to play on the EU servers.

I have no idea if they have enough players down there to warrant their own servers though.
Were created Italian servers with translation. I think isnt impossible to add saf servers..
16/07/2018 08:07Posted by Tèsla
Were created Italian servers with translation. I think isnt impossible to add saf servers..

And how many people are actually on the Italian servers now?
never know. but they are always low in population. I prefr to play in english realms with english speaking ppl and english text.

Your question would require Trelw . The master of numbers. Come Trelw we invoke you!
16/07/2018 07:48Posted by Stepal
16/07/2018 00:27Posted by Someoneelse

I doubt it. NA is much further than the EU and has a far greater time difference. It wouldn't make much sense.

We have a South African guy in my guild and, obviously, he chose to play on the EU servers.

I have no idea if they have enough players down there to warrant their own servers though.

It's not necessary how far it is but what deep sea cables run where.
How about an AFRICA SERVER and promoting the game better in Africa. There are +/- 1.3 Billion People. Could even put 2 servers. Southern Africa and Northern Africa. They would make a killing. Lower the subscription for the poorer comunities. Do promotions and they will be flooded with subscriptions.
How about an AFRICA SERVER and promoting the game better in Africa. There are +/- 1.3 Billion People. Could even put 2 servers. Southern Africa and Northern Africa. They would make a killing. Lower the subscription for the poorer comunities. Do promotions and they will be flooded with subscriptions.

You are obviously not a raider or a pvper or u play a hunter i lose massive dps when the ping is 220 even a lag spike on my part can kill a raid grp in mythic blizzard does not care about south Africans there bottom line is about money look at BFA … i find it disappointing investing 14 yrs in a game with such bad support . We have been asking for more that 10 years . then you get the guys commenting “No u don’t need it” try playing on Telkom internet or wireless… its only good locally not internationally.