Ok I regret my words

People praise Legion like it was holy, I never played it.
But seeing that it has a mark of “past” Warcraft, after seeing the Rejection of the Gift cinematic I guess I would have liked to experienced it.
Sadge.
What do you guys think, the ones who did play Legion?
Was it as good as people claim?

1 Like

I was good, but a lot of the praise is nostalgia. There was a lot of bad stuff - AP grind, rng legendaries, titanforging, etc.

2 Likes

It wasn’t perfect, but it was close enough to be my all time favorite expansion so far.

7 Likes

it was okey, didnt like many things in legion but i liked the raids.

1 Like

I actually thought that cinematic was super cringe, and I don’t like to use that word often. I remember it getting mocked a bit back then too, but each to their own. Some people loved it.

Legion was awful to begin with, and anyone that says any different is a liar.
You need to remember Legion in a decent expansion between the two worst expansions in WoW’s history, WoD and BFA. So people talking back about it now would give it higher regards.

Legion had fine raids, good M+, and a decent daily content structure.
But it had carrot on stick designs, boring armor type tier sets (not class), a ton of RNG, like out of this world levels, borrowed power systems, boring PVP and awfully imbalanced world PVP.

It got better with Nighthold, and I enjoyed ToS and Antorus.
Broken Shore was a huge let down.
Argus was pretty enjoyable though, to me anyways.

I played Legion and loved it. I only started in WoD so don’t have a huge number of expansions to compare it to, but I had a lot of fun in Legion. I only played one spec on my main so never had problems with the AP grind for multiple specs (but my husband played prot and fury so I experienced it passively through him).

At the start of Legion, when I think most of the issues came up, I wasn’t in a guild and so never compared my own AP levels, artifact unlocks or legendaries to anyone else’s, which meant that these things were never an issue for me personally.

Legion was when I first really made friends in wow, joined my guild and started organised raiding. Which probably means I have nostalgia goggles when it comes to Legion due to all those great memories.

i loved it, very immersive story - and that cinematic was brilliant

the way Xe’ra speaks in that horribly self-justified dominant tone gives me shivers

It wasn’t perfect, obviously. But it was a lot better than a lot of the expansions surrounding it. And it was actually quite good, in spite of its small faults.

3 Likes

I absolutely loved the setting and tone of the expansion, especially Argus. I truly hope we return to the cosmic-ish wars in the future and i guess Shadowlands is somewhat similar to that in a way so i am excited.
When it comes to gameplay, i used to main a havoc dh so m+ was a cakewalk for me with mythic gear. The non-stop eyebeam spam was hilarious, i just listened to techo and spammed eyebeam in high keys. I really miss Legion days but i am looking forward to have similar, great days coming in SL.

7.2 Cinematic where illidan brought Argus out of the sky into Legion Dalaran was epic af. Not much else i liked about it.

The X’era quest line ending felt kind of strange though. We went to so much trouble to assemble her, only for Illidan to say “I am my scars”

For me was the best expansion . Played it the most and i’m talking about factual things .
Dungeon wise was amazing some of them where small ( Neltarion’s Lair for example ) not 30-40 mins .
Class fantasy , good looking stuff , class mounts .
I raised most of my alts in legion .
For me was an 8.5 , 9 on a scale of 1-10 .

It was better than Cata, WoD and BfA at least. So I guess it’s middle of the pack for me as far as the expansions go.

I don’t like what it did to DKs though. It turned us into a shadow of our former self.

2 Likes

It was really good from a casual standpoint. Epic class story lines with order hall and specific mount. Artifacts like Ashbringer and Frostmourne Shards. Edgy demonhunter class with Illidan. Suramar storyline. It was fantastic.

I still prefer Draenor, but Legion wasn’t too bad.

The good:

• Mythic+ was introduced and executed better than it was in BfA. The dungeon pool was overall more interesting, with some being really enjoyable.
  • World quests are/were a nice change of pace over daily quests, even if they more or less worked in a similar way.
  • Except for the Emerald Nightmare, the raids were fun.
  • Controversial: Titanforging, while not necessarily executed in a great way, allowed players to gear up through other means than just mythic raiding. It turned all content relevant which in my book is a plus and something that they will surely struggle to replicate in Shadowlands.
  • Suramar was very well executed and an enjoyable zone to progress through.
  • Relatively quick content updates, with a pretty large one in the addition of Argus.
  • The interesting secrets they added were and still are a blast, and while niche they give people fun cosmetics to obtain.

The bad:

• A continuation of the butchering of classes following WoD. We went from 4+ full actionbars in MoP of mostly usable abilities to barely 2 in the span of 2 expansions. BfA made matters only worse, though.
  • Legendaries were implemented terribly. While they helped mend the above issue, the randomness of obtaining the ones good for your class was so bad that people literally got benched due to having the wrong legendaries, and people remade characters of the same class just to roll the correct one. Balancing took too long and was never done fully.
  • Everything artifacts. From the fact that there’s nothing to it when everyone has the same, to relatively questionable means by which we obtained some due to it having to be a short quest chain.
  • Infinite progression system allowed for people to gain too much power and made it feel like you were missing out by not doing every bit of content the game had to offer. Which you were.
  • The artifact knowledge system (increasing the amount of artifact power you obtained from doing stuff) was timegated and if you missed out, you’d forever be behind. Which leads to the next point.
  • Worst expansion to play alts in, ever. Even playing an offspec was off the table. Unless you had infinite time, you were stuck playing one character and one spec. Anything else would’ve been weak. So if they nerfed what you played (e.g. fire for mage) you were done. Not only did you have to grind artifact power all over but you were missing out on the necessary legendaries, unless your class had good globally functioning legendaries.
  • A byproduct of titanforging and mythic+, the game turned into a seasonal thing. Gear power levels had to get pumped up by insane amounts, meaning that it felt like you only barely geared up before the next power boost arrived and you had to start all over.
1 Like

During Legion I felt in love with survival hunter, so I had a blast. In WoD I loved shadow priest, and that was so much fun too. Unfortunately I had no spec I loved for the last expansion, so it was much less fun than the other two.

Legion main flaw was the rework of shadow priest, maybe shadowlands will fix that and become the best expansion yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Raids were absolutely fantastic from Normal to Mythic.
PvP was in a good place in my opinion.
Quest zones were meh it had a couple nice ones but nothing special.
WQ’s were OP af and still are actually.

I think the best raid from Legion is Antorus but it started very strong with Emerald /Trials of valour

Compared to BFA it destroys BFA hands done on everything but Quest zones. I have said for a long time now that BFA’s questing was the best we’ve ever had.

1 Like

There are good things and bad things about most expansions.

The things I did not like was farming for Legendaries and the constant AP farm, but I also disliked the AP farm in BfA.

I did like having lots of artifact skins to go for although I did not enjoy clocking up the RBG skin. To this day my worst experience of PvP and I don’t think I’ve ever set foot in an RBG since.

I enjoyed getting all the class mounts, unlocking all the base artifacts, I enjoyed the raids, I liked the questing the first few times but that’s the same for all expansions.

It basically had WoW Expac syndrome. Everyone seems to hate it and complain about it at the time, then when the next Expansion comes out, apparently it was brilliant! :stuck_out_tongue:
It had some nice touches, Some of the Class halls were really good. I -loved- the Rogues one, the idea of having this secret symbol you slap on the desk of an otherwise innocent vendor shop and getting entry into this den of sin and iniquity was a brilliant touch. Sometimes it was bad (Paladin one) ’ Praise de Light, Halleluiah, Even if, uhh, that’s not where you get your Paladin powers from, uhh, yeah’

The Classes becoming important was a nice touch, the mechanics were simple enough, even though generally everyone had a special ability from an Order Hall combat ally. I’m not a fan of time gating, so the class quests could be a little frustrating when it was like “Well this is just gated behind me doing some maths and having to wait a day to find out the answer” rather than “I am doing the thing and earning the thing!” I actually really liked the Exodar scenario however, doing it on Brigante was -interesting- as a Blood Elf, I just had humorous dialogue running through my mind of Draenei going “You need to go to X place, you will find it by going this way” and Brigante going “Mate, I’m a Blood Elf, we kind of famously visited this place a while back, we just didn’t hang around for long!”
Playing it on Nabaal, my Draenei however, -felt EPIC-. Some of the visuals were just awe inspiring, and they managed to write what I consider to be their best plot ever, with everything it involved.

From the grass roots of helping scattered rebels, to seeing their resistance network grow, to training new troops, to seeing the armies assemble, to the final stand off with Shal’dorei Rebels, Sin’dorei, Quel’dorei, Kaldorei and Elisande’s Shal’dorei. The trading of insults, and then The Battle of the Five Elven Armies.

Suramar was seriously Blizzard getting it -right- from start to finish. It properly felt like you were liberating a city from its oppressors, and was really well handled.

1 Like