Old Character models (optional) as legion

I tell you now all animations work. Textures however dont work on old skeleton.

Except for Blood elf, that is the only one who could have seen better days, it has some general issues since the updated models. I tested almost all animations so far via WOW Model Viewer & some editing to load from previous games on current game.

^which is why I take it as a small minor implamentation that wouldn’t take long, cus if I can do it, then I know blizzard can
If we r to talk purely about animations.

1 Like

Problem is most of the new item appearances, they don’t work on old models.

So instead Blizzard just removed the feature with Legion.

True, but in legion the old character models had the new skeleton which imo opinion was not my favorite but I can work with the skeleton being new I just like the textures back as a start, even tho having the old skeletons back would be just like having a whole set og new races imo because the new character models r just like brand new Allied races kinda, I find nothing original about the new ones :stuck_out_tongue:

They want ‘the blizzard pollish’ for their game.

Putting old and (subjectively) ugly textures into their game on purpose doesn’t fit that vision. They’re constantly updating older models and textures.

I don’t think they want this for their game.

Not gonna happen because old models aren’t compatible with new customization system.

I do also agree with u, somthing I have already thought thru hopefully, disable all the new textures for old skeletons :slight_smile:

It’s Classic and soon TBC Classic.

I’m not against toggleable options that doesn’t affect me.
You have my blessing.

But ye, gotta persuade them Blizzard bois

2 Likes

They wouldn’t work with the new customization, the options are not retro-compatible.

I do say that many of the new models suffer from all the faces looking the same on many races and many of the new models, the Night Elf male in particular, look terrible and wrong.

:smiley: man those ugly models can stay in past where they belong …they need to rework all old zones because they are ugly and old

this is already talked about. No need to repeat :slight_smile:

Just wote a thumb up or down next time
This is simply a request of somthing that did work in legion and was disabled i Shadowlands, I have been following the topic since end WOD.

But thx for ur comment, no hate :slight_smile:

OPTIONAL; its in the headline - already existed in legion.

I didn’t notice it was mentioned early, anyways i don’t have anything against it, i just think that it wouldn’t be an easy thing to re-implement in the game, Blizzard probably took them down because they weren’t working 100% and an reimplementation would cost some developing time and resources and they possibly believe it’s not worth the investment.

I do say that many of the old models were conceptually better than their modern counterparts, the old Blood Elf females had way more variety in how the different faces looked for example, maybe Blizzard could do some updates to the “new” (7 year old already) models using some of the design from the old ones as basis. I mean, they have been recently working on the new models to do the customization, it would be a convenient time to look at them.

1 Like

thx for the feedback, everything valuable & ideas is good incase Blizzard is to read these posts they have some feedback to take from. Thank you very much.

"i just think that it wouldn’t be an easy thing to re-implement in the game" I know how to do it, so I can garantee it doesnt take that long, some of the things could be added back unfortunantly it would be against blizzard terms to do it, which is why I try a legal approach. I think blizzard has been very good listening to the community over the last period especially about Shadowlands, therefore I think it doesn’t hurt to request :slight_smile:

Emphasis on existed.

They actually disabled the toggle for NElves and BElves in legion due to DHs.

I know how u get ur kicks bro, just stay out of chat, no one is here to argue with u, have a good day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not your decision.

I would love to see the old character models and the old race animations for melee attacks and spell casts… even sounds.

3 Likes

thx for the feedback, the thread has been edited & will be following due to feedbacks :slight_smile:

Old models and animations would love em back.

I was wondering where the option for old models went when I came back to WoW a few months ago.

4 Likes