Old character recovery

Hello,

i had wow back in 2014 and played for couple of months with a friend of mine, after all these years jumped back in to the game recently, to my suprise i have two WoW licenses called WoW1 & WoW2 , now i remember i had a character from before but couldnt find it in either of the licenses, so i just resubbed to the game in WoW1 assuming they are deleted and was playing for the past couple of months , untill accidentally i discovered i have my old characters in WoW2 , ( i see their names on the item recovery page with levels) but still cant see what realms they are in. is there is a way for me to see which realm they are and access them?

Have you tried logging in to your WoW2? You can set the battle .net desktop app to WoW2 just above the play button to login in to it, then you should see the characters on the character select screen, it could be that they are in the deleted list so also check there. If you hover over them it should say their realm in the tooltip.

The character screen now shows all characters from all realms so you don’t need to select a realm to find them like you used to do so if they still exist they should be there in the list.

You won’t be able to play the characters though without a sub on WoW2 unless their level 20 or below.

Yeah, i connected via WoW2 account multiple times, straight up takes me to character creation section, and when i click recover deleted character, it simply says there is none

If you deleted them before you stopped playing in 2014 then it’s possible they have been perma deleted now. Characters do get permanent deleted after a certain amount of time if under a certain level. Even if your characters were max level back then, there has been several level squishes since 2014.

Best thing I guess you can do is open a support ticket and ask them to look for you. If you did delete them and they have been purged from the system you won’t be able to get them back. But either way they should be able to tell you where they are or what happened to them.

but i am able to see them in ‘’ item recovery ‘’ like

Chaplain - 71 Paladin Blood Elf
Skault - 60 Death Knight Blood Elf

That’s probably just an old cache in the system or something. I don’t think neither of those characters would be those levels if you haven’t played them since 2014 due to the level squishes.

Item recovery still shows some characters I deleted years ago too.

okay thanks :frowning:

Hi there Bludcrumpa,

First off, you can find general info and tips for this over in the support article here:

If your characters don’t automatically show up in your Warband and aren’t visible in the realm list, it just means it’s been a looooong time since they were logged in to and you might need to manually browse through the realms to find them (you might want to scroll through the realm names and see if it jolts your memory).

That said, even if you do find them, keep in mind that WoW accounts are still separate and you’d need to add game time to that account as well if you want to log in (as well as any expansion upgrade if you plan to access that).

Alternatively you could purchase character transfers to move them over to your WoW1, but considering the cost, it might just make more sense to keep playing on the characters you’ve gotten started on again after coming back.

I hope you can figure something out that works for you!