Old Glads, Arena Masters, people of Vanilla

Do you guys remember?

We picked flowers, there wasn’t that many bots and our pc’s were toasters. Pretty much. Many people raided and played pvp ( False ), the game was feeling MMORPG. Yeah you had to do dailies , getting rep for certain head enchants, farming gold for raiding and even in pvp it was good to come into battleground prepared. Ice Barbed Spear was my first Warrior weapon, i truly remember how big upgrade that one spear was. Anyone remembers 40v40 battlegrounds, endless lag because our pc’s couldn’t handle that. Internet wasn’t even near our speeds today. It was fun. I want to memorize vanilla because our friends played with us and we grew up playing World of Warcraft.

PVP as a side chore?

When we had to tear everything out of the characters, the guild leaders almost shouted in Teamspeak or Ventrilo, do whatever it takes and don’t stand on fire. The farms, which had required many months, felt like a relaxed holiday when the arenas opened. Admittedly, the game was new and it had its challenges and I will say that Resilience somehow smoothed out the damage. PvP felt like a completely different experience, and it wasn’t really that fast-paced. At that point, it wasn’t until Warglaives broke away from Illidan that you started to see some pretty fast games. PvP wasn’t main focus of WoW. Raiding and progressing in the game was. Most high rated players also raided.

Arenas

The arena maps as today are quite simple, the levels have pillars and they are strategically really good until SL changed the fact that you could shoot behind the pillars. As a change in principle, this type of thing was perhaps a little undesirable. I myself hated it and i still do. I hope Blizzard won’t ever consider adding anything as such into pvp.

What changed in Arenas?

As i count all years and i look the game, breathing time has been deleted from pvp. There’s no room to breath. Racial choices are even more important ever, dunno if the team understands that Shadowmeld is quite idd good right now. Most of the racials are nerfed from their potential and Warstomping as Tauren, every single dps wants to send you to the moon. But pvp is chaotic, it’s hard to plan next move because at the same time classes cleave, kick, silence and some of this happens passively.

Systems, sub systems

I’m with mixed thoughts do i really carry on playing or do i quit for good. I’ve played Diablo recently and i don’t get it why the team wants to borrow from their other games as they are totally different genre. I know every video game has to make changes that the game doesn’t become boring. Diablo has a fast tempo and everything is just piled up in one big pile and blown up in that place. However, Wow fully shows Diablo’s playbook and I have that feeling, if this is the direction of the game, is it still an MMORPG or ARPG?

The War Within

I’m only excited to hear that Metzen is still having a word for this game but what i want to say is: Don’t overcomplicate things.

Lastly about Arena teams and Solo Shuffle

A few words about teams, WoW used to have Arena teams and it might have been worth developing further and increasing the capacity of that team system. Solo gaming belongs in FPS games, not MMORPG. WoW is a team game and I hope you really take that into account. Certain things about the game have so much influence on how comfortable it is to play. In addition, Voicechat could be developed so that you can play real games in Soloshuffle.

1 Like