Old models in BFA or shadowlands?

I’ve spent a bit looking for the old character models option and I discovered that it had been removed, is there anyway we could have the old models back? Or even I have read that it was due to the demon hunters and new animations, but just like in Legion before the prepatch could we not just have the textures of the old models to overlay over the new models?
Thanks!

4 Likes

That’s not gonna work. First of all they don’t even bother making new customization textures for old models. Secondly it wouldn’t mesh well with new eye texturing. Face is textured completley differently. On old models it was just half of the face in tiny corner. In new it’s whole face with much higher resolution allowing for asymetry. Hair textures won’t work at all. New hair textures are done completly differently. Old hair styles relyed on texture transparency to show uneven strands of hair at the end.

There is literaly no way they are gonna bring old models becasue they are incomapatible with everything Blizzard made. Including the new customization system.

1 Like

New stuff won’t work with old models because it wasn’t made with old models in mind.

Even let’s say you don’t like the new models, that’s still not a reason for us to be stuck with 15 year old models.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.