Old phone number cant change my account settings. Very Annoying

Hello there, i’m an old player who has returned to the Game and i ran into some very annoying problems when looking in my account settings

The first problem is i noticed my old phone number is registered and i havnt had that number since 2014. I tried to change it but thats simply impossible because to do that it wants to send a security code to that old phone number which i dont have anymore, i tried to contact support but to do that it requires a verification code which it wants to send to my old phone number and my phone number is the outdated one from 2014, see the problem there?

Please i need help to change it

If you click this: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/1467/channels

You don’t see any other option besides SMS Protect to contact Support and remove the old phone number from your account? There should be Authenticator Code or Email Code Secret Question, it could be these aren’t available for accounts that are rather old and not updated by their owner with the security features.

The last method is to submit a legible copy of your government issued ID matching the account information.

No there is No Secret Question avaible to choose at all, not even an option to send the code to my Email.
This is Frustrating to the point of where i dont even want to re sub, i been away for alot of years, wantet to give them a second chance but this is beyond disappointing

Not being able to contacnt support without a phone code is absolutely absurd. Not even having a Email option to send the code to or the secret question.
They can look up to see the locations of where my account has been logged in from and they would see the ip location is the same as back then, but cant even ask them to do that when its not possible to get in contact with them

And the submit a copy of your government issued ID option?

Actually you can contact Support without SMS Protect, but to remove it they’ll still need proof of identity. The same options are used for the self-help to edit security features surrounding your account.

I’m simply not gonna go to the length of taking pictures of my driving license or my passport to post it on the internet, simply not gonna happen

3 Likes

Those are submitted through the Blizzard platform provided your PC’s not compromised, and after verifying your identity it will be deleted.

For the same reason, it could be someone pretending to be you attempting to remove a security feature and ergo they will not simply remove it without the identity being verified through 2FA or a copy of your ID.

But that’s about all the options you have, fair winds to ye!

From someone who played since late Vanilla, been paying for two accounts for both main account and 60 twinking account back in Wrath of the Lich King, seen the downfall of the game for years

Wantet to return with friends to give it a second chance but i know if we aint gonna play together as a group we wont join retail at all, we stick to better options than retail wow, sad to see Blizzard not only degrading the game but also their custommer support, this has truly been a bad experience, bye

4 Likes

When logging onto the forums i was logged in as Dawitdara. Thought i only were able to post with my capped 20 character since i havnt re subbed yet (which i wont do until you guys have removed my old phone number)

I’m gonna call customer support today by phone to hopefully get this fixed, this is getting really annoying.

Make a third option to send the code to, cant be right people have to send their personal ID like driving license or passport to Blizzard

I can tell you everything about my damn account, when i made it, what my rl name is, how old my account is, where it has been logged in from, which country i’m from, how old i am, last name etc, this is getting rediculous, just remove my damn number so i can add my current one… But Official Support cant even see this because its impossible to get in contact with them… CHANGE IT !

4 Likes

It’s for the security of your account. They need to know that you are really who you say you are and have specific ways to do that. As Saneko said, the passport/driving licence is the final option if you can’t produce anything else; as she also said, they destroy it immediately it’s been checked. However, it’s up to you. If you want to access your account again, you’re going to need to let a GM see it.

I’m not taking pictures of my damn passport/driving license and posting it to Blizzard i’m simply not…

I’m not gonna re-sub with an account i cant recover if it gets hacked, my Acc got hacked back in TBC by a Chinese gold farmer (and yes he was chinese or Asian, we tried writing to him from my friands acc and he send Asian looking letters back) My main was seen inside Mana Tombs for days, i went to my friends house and we wrote an ingame ticket to a GM from hes account and i also somehow managed to get in contact with Custommer support somehow via the website back then to recover my account but that seems platypus impossible now if i have to send in a security code to my old number which i dont have anymore

There is no platypus reason to protect my account if i’m never gonna use it again, if Blizzard dosnt add a third option to do this or Help Me personally by going in and Changing it then these two accounts i have will be UNACTIVE Forever from now on which directly means Blizzard is throwing money right out of the window

Hey Onqiraj,

I understand that this is a frustrating situation, as you want to access your old account again but do not want to provide the required information to verify ownership. Providing your ID is a big thing, I do understand that, but we take ownership claims very seriously. You mentioned that your account was hacked back in the Burning Crusade, and you need assistance once again now to access your account. It is because of incidents like that, that Support will require Government-issued photo ID to verify ownership of the account before making any changes to the security settings (like removing or updating a phone number).

Support will only be able to view the provided ID for the duration of your ticket, and will automatically be deleted once the ticket has been resolved. For more information on this, please have a look here: Providing Government-Issued Identification.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

The problem is not that i dont have acces.
I have the acces to my accounts and can play right away if i wantet to, the problem is its the old phone number thats listed there so if i got hacked in the future i would probably not be able to recover my account because its the old phone number that is listed there.

Anyway just Delete these posts, i will have to think about the picture things the comming days, have a good day Nenyasqi

Ps Blizzard please consider more ways to changing the phone number, like secret question or email verification

Just Delete the whole Forum post, i have to think about the picture thing. Have a nice day Nenyasqi

Ps Blizzard please consider other ways of changing the phone number like the Secret Question option or a Email verification method

Locking as requested.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!