Old Talent Tree Vs. New Talent Tree

Everyone talking about new vs old.

But why can’t we have both?

Old Talent tree that gives you passives + some baseline talents

New Talent Tree that gives stronger talents like Legendaries in Legion.

ALSO Artifact is somehow close resembalance to what I had in mind.

It worked perfectly with the new talents.

BUT I would prefer not to get Legion Like system as old talent tree, there should be a room for quirky builds + mistakes.

What do you guys feel?

i think that would be nearly impossible to balance. People wanting old talent trees back cannot work right now because there are 120 levels to work with. If we do get a level squish with 9.0 then old talent trees could potentially return obviously.

The old style is way more fun from a PVE standpoint allowing for loads of unique builds ala duel wielding tanks, but yeah PVP balance in classic was non-existant - It had way more charm and way more personal freedom for players but the modern era is far more tuned in.

Personally I’d love an old-school talent system with hybriding but from a design standpoint it’d be nightmare for those poor people behind the scenes and wrangling all those skills + modern talent systems on top, even more to deal with I assume* that’s why we lost those more complex systems after Legion considering BFA’s more PVP focused premise.

*Opinion only.

Only issue is with old ones which people seem to deem no attention to is again its just very cooke clicker with a more fantasy-esque lay out. Its still sinking points into having a 5% parry chance at the end of the day regardless which you “prefer” :rofl:

Not every skill can be gamechanging I suppose, some were just point sinks to unlock tiers. Fair point, but some talents in the modern era are either super situational or feel a bit redundant compared to others.

true liek dk gargoyle… :frowning: rip garg

Blizzard needs to focus on talents different way. Even in classic with old talents people would go for one build eventually two. But that’s it

Today you have in every row one talent that out dps the other two, which again, people will chose that talent .

I think it would be better to balance the talents so they are equal in dps/defense, and stop with rng procs and stuff . We have critical chance, trinket procs, weapon procs and that should be enough. Don’t like the talent with chance on hit procs, makes my character look like a gambling machine , and can make fights heavily depend on luck

Im sorry, i wont entertain the new talent trees. They’re an abomination and my class becomes entirely unrecognisable :smiley:

I love my rogue as is

This. While I do enjoy when Outlaw Rogue fully powers up the fact that it’s a spec’ completely dependant on RNG really gets to me sometimes - Going from top damage to barely being able to pull my weight entirely based on a literal dice roll.

There should be an overhaul of the talent system, perhaps based around the Legion systems with a real attention to making as much of it as viable as possible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.