Old World Fishing Maxed, still failing a lot

So I’m fishing in Swamp of Sorrows and my Fishing is at 300, I have fishing pole that increases fishing by 13 and I also have baubles on. My fishing is at 320 total. I’m still fishing junk for 40% of the time. Is this intended, because I remember fishing before professions changed and I had much better catch rate with fishing.

1 Like

More Fishing skill is not making you to fish up less trash, but to fish up better/rarer fishes IIRC.

Hmm to not fish up trash in Classic you need a +100(at least 75) skill fishing lure, A proper fishing pole; At least the angler from Legion but preferably a Arcanite fishing Pole from Gadgetzans fishing extravagansa(+35 skill), you also need a hat and boots + enchant for another +15 skill giving you a fishing skill of a bit above 400(max is 452).

This do not make you immune from fishing trash, but you will have reduced it significantly at this point. You need to add 95 skill above the waters you fish in, some areas in classic start at 330, so you need at least 425 skill to be immune to fishing up trash in all regions.

Don’t ask me about BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP zones etc. since they have been changed considerably after BfA launched and the skill got cut up into pieces.

What you are saying is impossible. Nowadays the best lures give +10 to fishing. There is no +100 lures anymore.

hmm have they changed the lures? Hmm yes I see(had to check it up). I just remember how it used to be in the past.

But is uppose similar rules applies just at a highly reduced rate.
So If they cut the fishing equip down;
Angler 15
Nat’s hat from the Garrison 8
Angler enchant on a pair of gloves 5
Then the boots from Booty Bay 10
Then a Lure +10.

This whould give you 48 skill which probably are enought in this expansion. Since when i tried to fish in winterspring for a bit using my own fishing gear which aren’t the best (only +34) I seem to get fairly decent results. But that could also just be pure RNG.

However Seem like either classic fishing is bugged or they could had left “classic” lures for us to gather.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.