Once again, just please get it removed

Thats just legion Retri judgement… mastery… Its so bad and not even slightly inovative

I don’t think mastery is supposed to be all that innovateve considering it’s just a stat to gain performance, i mean most of them are literally just a pretty basic % damage increase.

Argueably arms being the most basic of basic specs should probably just have something as simple as:

Mastery: Arms master: Increases your damage by % and ignores % of your targets dodge and parry.

because it stands to reason that the more you master your weapon, the harder it would be to dodge or parry you effctively, this would help in the case that a boss happens to somehow get turned to you and then your auto attack gets parried or something.

1 Like

A feral Druid, and Rogue and Monk for that matter, has a dual-layered resource-generation system of Energy that recovers passively to fuel their active resource-generation in CP/Chi.

Implying that they only have energy is intellectually dishonest and a sign that you on some level acknowledges there is an issue.

Of those only Charge, Skullsplitter, and Ravager provide active resource-generation. And all three are either severely limited and/or talents.

Overpower generates nothing even with Azerite Traits it only gives you something to do while you wait for your auto-attack. It allows you to participate in the game.

Sudden Death has already decided for you what the Rage is used for and with that condition, it can hardly be called active resource-generation.

Avatar generates nothing even with Traits.

CS/WB requires a certain Azerite Trait and generates no resources when that’s gone.

Deadly Calm generates no Rage it just makes some abilities have no Rage cost.

In for the Kill only increases your passive generation.

That’s faulty. getting out of spending Rage does nothing to generate it, it only means that you get out of spending Rage. The more you define what you believe the more I can see where your bias lies. You think that one different thing is equal to the other. It would be the mathematical equivalent of saying that 5-4 gives the same result as 2+2.

That has the exact same problem as the current Alpha one as it does the exact same thing without the DW condition, and it will result in the same issues as those I’ve described that that one will lead to.

except the 20 rage generation for using the ability…

In for the kill must be created by actively using warbreaker or colossus smash, therefore it is actively increasing your rage generation.

“free” abilities are in-effect generating rage as they are providing you with X rage worth of damage, for example my execute at this moment in time deals 40 rage worth of damage so sudden death can be assumed as generating 40 and then expending it instantly, however, execute has an additional effect, it refunds 20% rage and therefore grants you an additional 8 rage if it does not kill even via this sudden death.

So many bad talents coupled with the most boring mastery in the game…

I never noticed that. Thanks.

It’s a consequence of doing something elsewhere, if you control when to use it you get no active Rage-generation.

You’ve never generated the Rage, you’ve just have it given to you with a condition; and just because Execute refunds some Rage, that’s a consequence of the mechanics of the spell.

Granting your argument. I have the following talents:
War Machine
Storm Bolt
Fervor of Battle
Defensive Stance
Warbreaker
In for the Kill
Anger Management

The abilities I have that I can use outside of having no Rage is Warbreaker: 45-sec cd, Bladestorm: 60-sec cd, and Overpower 12-second cd.

They’re all on cd and I’ve no Rage for an MS that’s off cd. I now get some Rage, however, it’s a non-cit. I can now use Slam to do something and risk having no Rage for the MS after the next auto-attack or I can wait just wait while looking at the screen. I have no Tactician proc.

What free things do I have that I can use between auto-attacks?

You used Feral as an example. I’m going to use Rogues since I know how they play and Ouylaw is ismilar in resource-generation. Unless an Outlaw goes completely ape they can consistently use Sinister Strike to generate CP without running out of Energy. What equivalent does Arms have?

Tbh, most masteries arent inovative. so i wouldnt really say this is unexpected.

This one is less than innovative, this one is straight-up counter-productive for the reasons I have listed and the DW requirement might as well be null and void since it’s only an issue if you make it one by choosing another talent than Cleave.

Which is what makes it so annoying and so clearly poorly designed.

I wasnt defending the current one :stuck_out_tongue: I just ment over the years Masteries have only really gotten worse, 99% of them are just flat Damage increases.

does seem strange they didnt baseline Cleave with this mastery though… as it kinda Depends on it massively.

Blizzard can get out of it by saying that it’s just a bonus instead of a requirement. And it is. It’s a bonus that makes it so much easier to use the Mastery that it might as well be a requirement.

And by giving Cleave as a part of the basic toolkit Blizzard would also admit that the Mastery has a giant weakness. Namely that you’d have to use an AoE ability in a single-target rotation.

As I said in one of my posts if it was just a little damage added to a few abilities it would be okay. This is a lot of damage added to all my DPS which makes it stupid and poorly designed beyond measure.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.