Once again,let us buy old pvp illusions / sets

Im wondering why its fine to see LFR people being able to farm mythic sets every other expansion like its nothing,but not PvPers to buy 2100/2400 illusions from previous expansions.

Glorious Tyranny was a literally copy pasted illusion of '‘Bloody Dancing Steel Illusion’'here are people who missed playing certain expansion or literally forgot to buy one of the illusions.

On top of that,most people struggle to go above 1.4k and want those cool PvP mounts,which around 5% or even less ,players have in the game,they’re also tied to a expansion pretty much.Vicious saddles are completely useless at the moment,you could do way more with it.

And the last,you recently nerfed requirement for PvP mounts to 1k rating,was 1,4k.I dont mind,but at least give us some way to get those old illusions,its just an illusion its not Legion’s Mage Tower thats completely tied to expansion.

3 Likes

Why are you trying to compare a PvE encounter to PvP :thinking:

There’s more mounts coming to the vendor soon (All the BFA ones) as they said would happen.

Because those Elite sets were seasonal tied, Illusions expansion tied, and as PvPers dont get all that much new content, the Elite tints/sets are there to incentivize and give you something that’ll stand out for your efforts.

And since seasons aren’t the same, it’d just diminish what people earned in the past, so you can feel good now.

5 Likes

Why shouldn’t i compare pvp or pve ? i doubt pvpers make even 5% of the playerbase.These illusions are just illusions not glad mounts.By that logic,mythic raiders should keep the mythic sets only,they make around 1%.

2100 is pretty much is still way hard to obtain for 95% of the playerbase.Cant think of % for duelist atm,but like 0.5 - 3% i think,even with all boosts you see around its still high.

These mounts are also tied to expansions,you get them by farming games above 1.4k (1k atm) lol,if you check the % of people who got pvp mounts is ridiculously low.

I just dont understand the logic,wod challenger mode weapons,legion mage tower should be gone forever,but 2100 illusions for sure not,thats just my opinion.

1 Like

so because a kids brother stole a candy he can too? because someone rapes it makes killin okay?

its not because pve rewards have been downgraded to oblivion that same should happen to pvp

and im one of the most concerned ppl considering i was at 1999 cr on the season i really wanted a specific mog (purple one of legion for lock, those wings ill never get…) and will never get it but i prefer it to be that way than the other way around

only downside for it all though, and thats a big one, is boosting. if those rewards were made accessible some ppl prolly wouldnt buy boosts. atm ppl do it for gear, but boost existed before those cosmetic reasons

2 Likes

Because it’s two different things, with entirely different reward structures and content.

Which is why they’re easier to get, and can be obtained in 2s, 3s and rbgs (From what I’m aware)

Sure, if the mythic encounter wasn’t made to be beaten, not to mention top mythic raiders get unique titles now.

Your logic is flawed if you can compare temporary rewards to one another, but say some should be perma, others not.

1 Like

Blizzard logic is flawed,and has been millions of times so far,even with the pvp vendors,account wide pvp illusions/mounts,even gladiator rank has been dumbed down,i would be curious to see how many current glads deserve the rank.

Mythic mechanics wipe the raid with 1 mistake and take so much coordination while current arena games are so forgiving, its not even funny its literally sad watching it.The only logic i see here is ‘‘i earned the illusion back then,so you shouldn’t’’ even though some people didnt even play during certain expansion,which doesnt mean they woulnd’t be able to get it back then.Tons of old glads are not even duelists now.

Also,allowing to farm old old pvp sets/illusions would make arena participation even bigger,because at the moment que time is a joke.

I get your point with temporary/perma reward ,but i dont agree on it,its yet another blizzard failure which makes no sense to me.Sorry

1 Like

Nope, rewards must stay limited, they already release mounts after a while for everyone to buy but item sets and illusions must stay limited.

If glad is so ez you probably have 3-4 glad characters I guess.

2 Likes

The glad mount is just a participation reward nowdays and nothing else. Atleast thats how i look at it

making them account wide also promotes fotm rerolling

Whereas Blizzard fails at a lot, keeping Elite sets/tints at a rating, is not one of them. If your way of increasing Arena participation at lower ranks is to devalue something that’s always been unique to pvp, then I’m sorry to say, but you’re the problem.

You can already farm for the old pvp sets, just not the prestige tints/version of the set, which could only be earned during the season, if you were good enough to get to required rating.

If that’s the case, why are you struggling? Arenas are -so- forgiving, so surely, it’d never have been a problem for you to get the rating required.

Ontop of that, a Mythic encounter is still designed to be beaten, has a lot of mechanics that addons (or just players having a general clue) will be able to react to immediately, you really can’t compare the two systems.

Partially true, and sure it sucks if you didn’t play at the time, but I didn’t play in Vanilla, so should I cry and demand Corrupted Ashbringer/Atiesh to be brought back, just because I cant handle some items being exclusive?

You’re trying to take away something that people earned at the time, because it hurts your feelings.

Let us buy them if we earned them at the time, otherwise no

7 Likes

Thats actually a great example of flawed logic of blizzard there,nothing has ever hurt my feelings at all,i could call you a special snowflake but i wont.

I know for sure that,i wouldnt care if they changed their stance on this in the next expansion and allow people to buy SL sinful flame illusion.Im not trying to take anything away from those people who earned it,as i mentioned before duelist is like 0.5 - 3% of the playerbase and has ever been,only few people would be able to get those illusions which doesnt change much,simple as that.We’re not saying it should be free but locked to a certain rating,probably 2100.

This

And should go for transmogging legendaries too.

Are we playing the same game?

Just no if you can Buy every Elite set ist has no value anymore Same with illusions…

If you dont have it get good and get them next time before they rotate out.

Kainu cry in 3… 2… 1…

The only thing which would be fine with elite sets is when you allrdy have a piece of it but you couldn’t finish it cause of conquest costs etc…

Hahah mythic raids are so easy compared to pvp you ape

3 Likes

Xanuka melting down in 3… 2… 1…

God my brain melts down by reding your post. Not sure whats higher your iq or age.

1 Like

Go back to the pve things and don’t cry about elite sets you don’t have

You’re making this thread toxic,get lost please.You’re not even special snowflake,cant see anything there.

Scarcity creates value, and the second you give players like OP old elite sets they lose all their perceived prestige and become like any other random transmog. This is already the case with mythic raid sets. I would actually like to see some sort of seasonal rewards for collecting a full mythic raid set during a tier that’s never going to be available afterwards (not necessarily the set itself).

2 Likes