Only 2 Weeks Pre-Patch?

Mages still pull Mara, mages still pull mobs in TBC dungeons. Guides are already on YT and showcased on the Beta.

Aside of mages Palas will be boosting too. Double the fun.

Can you yell that at Blizzard?

That’s why I want a FRESH TBC realm so I can reroll fresh and play “organically” :wink:

I’m not, I’m just highlighting degenerative state of Classic. Existing realms have very high power level and long pre-patch likely would produce a lot of profession alts, bots and whatnot.

They need numbers for earnings call and that’s likely the only reason it’s rushed. Aside of that yes, they are making WoW monetization annually. This year TBC, next year retail expansion and in two years WoTLK with increasing monetization.

You’ll have plenty of time to level even after TBC release don’t worry.

Put the effort for it.

Still require to play 2-3h per day everyday to reach level 60. Not so casual.
Based on a 4d of /played to reach level 60 which require a good knowledge of the game.

So, should we have to wait 2-3 months because you don’t want to play more than 1h/day ?

Its a 14 year old game with content that will be easy cleared.
Elitists and casuals should just enjoy the game @ there own pace.

1 Like

They just want to ruin the game.

Not sure why but its obviously their intention.

Yes because fixing unintentional bugs is ruining the game.

Oh sweet summer child.

@Bigkeg: This part is extremely unlikely as explanation. Had Blizzard aimed for absolute maximum cash out, they would have set the launch date to June 23rd, just outside the one month period from pre-launch and still within Q2. Launching on June 30th would have been too big an economic gamble.

A more likely reason would be to stop leakage of players to the ashes of creation alpha that was scheduled for June 1st (think it has been delayed since after tbc date announced)

Also the elder Scrolls online large update is scheduled for June 8th

It surely can’t be a coincidence for that June 1st date

Another reason is ESO expansion launch and Alpha of Ashes of Creation which was moved to a later date due to this (they did pointed TBC out).

Sigh, so many people don’t get this.

1. Not everyone has had 2 years to prepare.
  2. Not everyone can afford 20g/reset from Mara onwards (less so for SFK and similar boost)
  3. Not everyone (in fact most probably don’t) have a guild with hunters that wants/have the time to boost you.

Let’s assume a few numbers shall we.

Days to level in played: 3, 4 and 6 to hit 60.
Hours a day: 4, 8 and 12.

6 days played, 4hrs a day: 36 days to hit 60.
4 days played, 4hrs a day: 24 days to hit 60.
3 days played, 4hrs a day: 18 days to hit 60.

6 days played, 8hrs a day: 18 days to hit 60.
4 days played, 8hrs a day: 12 days to hit 60.
3 days played, 8hrs a day: 9 days to hit 60.

6 days played, 12hrs a day: 12 days to hit 60.
4 days played, 12hrs a day: 8 days to hit 60.
3 days played, 12hrs a day: 6 days to hit 60.

Neither of those account for the fact that there will likely be queues on top of mob scarecity.

Most people cannot play more than 2-4hrs a day. They have work. They got families and other real life commitments. The only ones that can do this in due time are those that are unemployed/streamers or simply still live at home in their parents basement.
I know, shocker, most people are not a no life gamer.

This is wholly inadequate timeframe for the vast amount of people and Blizzard knows this.

1 Like

If they can’t/don’t want/don’t have time to they won’t be 58 for TBC release. So what ?

At some point we can’t wait everyone. Some players ARE ready.

They’ll be left behind pretty fast anyway because a lot of players are planning to “rush” the leveling and we’ll be able to play way more than them.

I’d have preferred a longer pre-patch myself, but TBH I’m not that bothered. I don’t really care for max level stuff anyway so I don’t feel obliged to rush my pala to 60 in this time frame. I can understand though that players with relatively limited time who do care about end game may be feeling kind of screwed.

I think the time frame is downright insulting to all the adult players who are interested in endgame and are also switching to Shamen/Paladins. To offer the option to level the new races, but only for 2 weeks is just a mockery. It is imo the worst thing Blizzard did in Classic so far. Incomparably worse than boost and deluxe edition combined. And I am saying that as someone who isn’t even affected at all, I will continue my main and have no immediate plan to level a Draenei character.

1 Like

Out of touch with whom?

I have been playing this game for 2 years now.
I am prepared, my alts are prepared, my holiday is prepared.
My shaman will be prepared, because 2 weeks is plenty of time for people who made arrangements beforehand, also I don’t need that alt to be 60 at TBC launch day.

There was plenty of time to prepare.

Okay, then by simple logical exclusion, we can conclude that you’re talking about characters people had ALMOST 2 YEARS to level. So, sorry if I sound horribly “out of touch” with something, but that was plenty of time.

Original prepatch was 40+ days.

4 Likes

Ah yes and here comes the blizzard simps that complains about a boost, but apparently do not have the mental capacity to see the correlation between this prepatch lenght and boost. All acting as if they have been preparing for TBC for this exact moment.

:roll_eyes:

I see that ignorance is bliss still holds true.

1 Like

That means feck all - half my toons have no pvp title because on the other half I was pvping on them.

So weird that the last video from WoW Youtube channel is saying “this summer” instead of 1st June.

TBC delayed ?

Americans call june summer I suppose…

Nah, even though Summer is officially 21st June, I wager most people consider the entirety of June as being a summer month as that’s the month when things really start to heat up.