Only tab target “in combat mobs “? CVARS appear to do nothing

Hi,

So I was looking around trying to find if its possible to make sure that tab targets only targets enemies to which you are in combat with.

I found the following CVARS:

TargetPriorityCombatLock
TargetPriorityCombatLockHighlight
TargetPriorityCombatLockContextualRelaxation
According to the wowwiki setting the CVARS to 2, 2 and 1 respectively I should only be allowed to tabtarget in combat mobs. After setting these CVARS to the correct value and checking if the value is set correctly by dumping them I noticed that this did nothing for me. I also noticed that the CVARS keep resetting after relogging.

I can still tab target to mobs to which Im not in combat with (tab keybind is set to “target nearest enemy”. Am I missing something here? Is it not possible?

Thanks!

They might require that you turn off the “new” tab targeting.

/console TargetNearestUseNew 0

That didnt do anything unfortunately.

I also notice that every /reload resets these values back to their default. So I set them, check via dump if correct (which it is), then do a /reload → and they are back to their original value. I dont know whats causing this either. It kinda feels like a mess

Interesting. You should be able force them on with AdvancedInterfaceOptions.

Yeah I do have that addon installed. Do you mean the checkbox that says “Enforce Settings on Startup”? Cuz that is checked on but the same issue persists.

EDIT:
After changing the values inside the addon, they persist after exiting/logging out the game. Kinda weird that the chat commands dont persists but doing it through the addon does. So thats one issue solved but even with those CVARS persisting, I can still tab target to targets Im not in combat with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.