Oondasta taming

What do you think about players, who decide to tame Oondasta just when the fight starts and all these people waited for the boss to spawn ?

Applies to other farming world bosses as well.

I mean the hunter has waited for him to spawn as well.

Personally I think they should just add a seperate npc with the same skin so there’s no issues but hey.

10 Likes

Yeah but socially speaking, it’s disrespectful just to come and cut off everybody. They can at least ask if they can do it.

C’mon where’s the sociality in people ?

If people just do what they feel like in any given moment, this world will be chaotic as hell…

It’s like approaching a person in the street and just grabbing his phone and walking away without saying anything…

It’s ok. It’s their right to do so.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a fair analogy as the other players don’t own Oondasta.

A hunter is entitled to taming the boss, just like other players are entitled to killing him for a shot at the mount. Blizzard made him tameable so naturally people are going to tame him. If you have to ask everyone around if you can tame him you’re probably never going to get anywhere.

2 Likes

How would that work, cross-Faction…?

They could yes. But what are the odds not a single person says “no”. As Izylar said they should just make some oondasta babies spawn next to him. Or shorten the respawn timer if its 15min like Sha. Personaly i dont care if a Hunter tames it given the unique model. Its also not social to go “nah mate, imma kill this boss, F your pet”.

Bad example. The phone belongs to the person. A boss in the open belongs to everyone and they can do with it however they see fit.

Love it how everything that doesnt agree with your certain PoV is deemed “toxic” or “disrespectful”.

6 Likes

?? It has nothing to do with being disrespecful. Why not respect the hunter wanting a cool pet? You compare it to stealing in your analogy, it’s selfish or something? You could just as easily make the argument that having one person getting what they want is better than having a few other people get a 0,09% chance of getting what they want (or whatever the mount drop rate is). The outcome of no one getting anything is much higher.

Imagine I go to Oondasta, I see people wait there so I kill it with them. People leave, I wait for the boss to respawn so I can tame him. But then new people arrive and I ask if I can tame him and people say no I’m just out of luck?

3 Likes

Same thing… Man people have weird mentalities…
Like, it’s not that hard to organise everything. If the hunter came after he saw a group of people waiting. He should wait until the next round.

It’s obvious, it’s common sense,
I guess y’all just don’t have it,
I’m not your teacher so I won’t explain further, if you didn’t understand, then, well… O.K. :slight_smile:

Given how many times hunters have had rares killed whilst they are mid tame in the past and the fact that the MoP world bosses have 15min timers Im gonna say people can chill out and wait 15 mins to kill him.

9 Likes

It works in all ways. There are “communicating skills” people can use and that shouldn’t always be text.

I saw players come there right before the boss spawned and they tamed it.

So I think common sense = queue up, you’re not the only one in existence!

I blame Blizzard for creating the situation in the first place. If you taunt it should stop any taming but I have been in groups where it’s happened.

7 Likes

The bigger problem for those MoP WB’s is that if you don’t hit them within 2s, you have to wait “20m” anyway; most of them barely finish their spawn yell before they die.

Can’t he be killed/tamed in Chromie time or something?

I blame players not Blizzard.
People just can’t get along…

Wouldn’t surprise me if Oondasta was a BM Exotic… or even required the new Bone Raptor book to be able to tame it; if it IS BM Exotic, then you’d need to be L50 (?) to tame it.

We needed a book of dinomancy back when that expac was current. It dropped from the Dino tamers.

Yes, it’s their fault. Can’t blame hunters for wanting to get a unique pet.

Wasn’t sure if Oondasta was classified as Undead, or not…

Only problem w/ the likes of Oondasta & Thokk is the ungodly racket they make when they walk…

Just FTR; doesn’t it take a Hunter longer to tame Oondasta than it takes a typical L60 to kill it…?

No idea actually. My hunter has exactly 2 pets.