Open up new servers with VANILLA player limit

@Snafu: The concurrency cap is likely exactly the same across the board, it is just that those realms have far smaller numbers of active players.

2 Likes

There’s 1 or 2 PvP servers with low population, but no PvE server has less than High population. Ergo this is not an option for PvE’ers, or RPers. Please open more PvE and RP servers, so that these players also can have the Vanilla felling.

ETA and Trelw is right the cap is the same all over, only the actual population is lower.

3 Likes

Of course but I was talking in the here and now, not in 6 months time. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.

They are more Vanilla-like with current population numbers which of course may well change (as might all servers.)

I disagree. I made a character on the new German RP server when it was released and I don’t speak a word of German, but I did meet people who spoke amazing English. So that is an option out there for some people.

OK, the German RP server might be only medium pop, but the only PvE server with less than High is the Russian one.
Please, why should PvE’ers and RP’ers not be allowed the same freedom of choice as PvPers?
English is not even the first language for me and loads of other people.

2 Likes

Dragonfang and Judgement are as it should be.

2 Likes

Are you honestly telling us to roll on a german server even though we don’t speak their language? I can’t imagine them being pleased about this at all or supporting such behavior.

When I wanted to improve my French I rolled on a French server. Albeit it just means I can read it fluently but my pronunciation is all over the place.

Well that’s nice but it doesn’t change the fact that you had a way to communicate in French without using google translate. XD

1 Like

This is one of the thing that does not cease to astonish me on these fora. The number of people that just because they are having a good time do not think that people thinking differently should have a good time as well.
Now it is PvPers having all kinds of differently populated realms from bursting Gehennas and Golemagg over high, medium and low like Dragonfang, to choose from not wanting PvEers to have that same freedom of choice.

2 Likes

Of course none of us have any definitive data but I’m quite convinced that servers have different pop caps before queues kick in.

I may remember wrongly but I think there was a blue post soon after release stating they are raising cap for a listed number of servers.

Historically Blizz has many times been going overboard trying not to upset players and prefers to go with the flow than interfere and achieve design vision. It’s part of their core philosophy to streamline in an effort to accommodate their games for mass market.

Whether they are different or not, all servers had their population caps raised in August.
It might be this post you’re thinking of:

Ho what a closely monitoring from Blizzard. We all feel the constant monitoring and caring of the company for the Classic’s crowd ! Look at all these blue post ! look at all these quick fixes !
In fact there’s no more CM and a ghost support crew and that’s the way the greedy shareholders wants the new world to be. they just don’t care of people feeling, customers and workers alike, they just hoard money…

I just pointed out another option for you and you spun it into I don’t want there to be freedom of choice. Where did I ever say they shouldn’t open more PvE servers or that PvErs shouldn’t have the same choice as PvPers?

I’m not telling you anything just pointing out the option is there. Remember we get told English servers don’t mean people have to speak English on them so surely that cuts both ways?

It won’t stop people gang ganking others.

That’s just sophistry, plain and simple. We don’t like when people speak non-english on english servers, and I don’t see why germans would appreciate non-german speaking people on their server.

The fact that it is not punishable is beside the point.

It’s more that people who arent full on crazies, accept that other languages without their own servers, have to play somewhere.
Case in point, while frothing at the mouth brexiteers shout down people advertising the czech/polish/norwegian/etc guilds on my server, there are an equal number of people defending them.
Someone a few weeks ago asked if there were any german language guilds on the server, and they were universally agreed by all to be an idiot.
Why? Because Germans have their own servers!

Announcing for guilds in whatever language is always OK in my book, but filling up general chat with conversations in other than English is not.

Good idea! Also open up transfers from these stupid pvp servers to the new server, so we can actually play the game!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.