Opening of locked servers

Is there any info about opening of servers that have been locked due to high queue times after wotlk release? Recently 4 friends of mine wanted to join for wotlk, but in the end didn’t because they were not able to create character on Golemagg or transfer their old characters they abandoned during BWL phase of classic on the server that doesnt exist anymore. Is the issue still here? Would the problem arise again if servers were to be unlocked?

Yeah, it is expected that servers go back to their old state if they were to open transfers again. Endless queues, huge auction house lag, looting lag, many things breaking. They’ve pretty much taken a stance against mega servers and won’t reopen them for transfers until they are much smaller. They made a big post about the server issues in prepatch, if you’d like to take a read:

“we believe the time has come to end the concept of a mega-realm.”

4 against 1.

The logical things seems to be that you should’ve moved to them not the other way around

If they would constantly keep up with the community issues and offer transfers whenever the situation called for it, it wouldn’t be an issue.

In the end, choosing a mega realm comes with inconveniences that anyone should be well aware of.

The problem is people want to feel secure when they chose a lower populated server. They want to know that if things go south, Blizz got their back and will offer a solution to them.

well the thing is me and other friends are estabilished on golemagg in various guilds, my friends as of now don’t play since they can’t get on the server with us and probably won’t even start. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not throwing tantrum about this, I’m just curious as t why locked servers aren’t unlocked yet, since queue issue is gone as of now.

They want to shrink the mega realms and have people spread out on other smaller realms.

Because they plan to keep huge servers locked until they reach a reasonable player count again. The queues will return when new content drops. Gehennas had over 10k queue during the entire prepatch and a few weeks after launch

Blizzard is complete trash for locking these servers, we are paying for a game we can not play, atleast implement a solution not lock off paying customers from enjoying the game with their friends or enjoy a realm where there is people to play with. Now loads of people are stuck on trash realms where people only pve. Blizzard does not give 1 single intercourse about the community as long as the money is rolling in so they can do whatever the intercourse they want. I rather sit in a 5 hour que than play on a dead server with no way to any other realm… at this point I think the best is to go back to a private server until they intercourse sort this poo out. I wish I never started playing blizzards bulltrash feel like warmane is 10x better even with the p2w :smiley:

If there would be a good time to unlock these servers without causing a flood… it will be now during DF Pre patch or on launch.

I mean I literally just came back to play with my friends and they’re on firemaw. Nowhere does it says when you buy a wow sub you’ll be locked out of certain severs.

So here’s me, spending a month on a sub and no effectively have wasted my money. No point playing if the reason I came back was to raid with my old buddies from WOTLK.

I’ve made a ticket and hopefully they do something about it, that or they can refund me and I’ll hopefully make them lose 30+ subs for their trouble.

When you pay a MONTHLY sub, you should be allowed to play on whatever server you want, with your friends or ATLEAST notify new/returning players that there’s no point subbing if you friend is on a locked server cause you won’t be able to play with them.

Honestly blizzard, this decision is not only moronic, but deters people from buying your game lol.

First thing came to my mind after reading your post is:
You didnt contact your friends about coming to game? Couldnt they warn you about server locks? Its your friends, not some strangers, we are in age of discord and social media after all

You’re forgetting that most people don’t even know that their realm is locked, vast majority of players never check forums or even blue posts anywhere, they can keep creating new characters on their account so they have no reason to assume that their realm might be locked for newcomers

I dont think we can talk about “most” people since neither of us knows hiw many people know.
But friends could investigate for a friend?

Just an assumption yes, which is just based on the fact that most people are casual, so there is nothing to investigate if you’re not suspecting that your realm might be overpopulated right ¿? It’s a nobrainer for someone who knows that high-pop realms are locked to check their realm status before inviting their freinds over but my point is that not everyone has that info

This might be true for retail version, but in classic it looks to me like more “hardcore” players prevail.

still locked

and going to be locked for some time, deal with it :sunglasses:

138 days without incident…

I have expect Sera to pop their head up soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.