Orcs's 25% stun resist

I hate this Race ability stuff anyways, Just unnecessary chore. Was a mistake in the First place, they should remove this completly, would make such a better PvP experience

Ok, but then I get stoneform, gnome intellect and shadowmeld.

Oh, just give my druid wotlk shadowmelt…

you got 25% stun resist, fury, axe skill, pet damages
dwarf have only stoneform…

start an orc, go play retail then. there your cries for racial equality are heard and everyone is one bland race, with different aesthetics.

1 Like

just for info:

Orcs (warrior, chaman, hunter, warlock, rogue) = ~50% of a BG team

have 25% stun resist on:

• Warrior’s charges, prot stuns
  • Spriest’s stun
  • Firemage’s stun
  • Paladin’s stun
  • Feral’s stuns
  • Rogue’s stuns
  • Hunter’s stuns (pet’s stun too)

this is really too broken

the other ~50% of the horde BG team are forsakens with personal anti-fears

the game can’t stay in this state… or it’s dead in the egg
SoD is Classic+ so the balance should be done

No, you should just go play retail.

1 Like

The game stayed that way 20 years and somehow it did not die, must be a miracle.

Or you’re just full of it.

2 Likes

They will never fix this but it is also true nonetheless.

Horde is always the favorite child of Blizzord and they know they need OP racials to keep the horde faction overpopulated.

20years of a version*, not 20 years of official servers… (we enter in the 5th year of official servers, and Era was empty after TBC release for 2-3years till Wotlk)

it died,
by one sided servers,
PvE servers are more alliance oriented because alliance know the PvP is dead in the egg because of racial skills

back in the days people were mouseclickers and don’t knew the racial min-maxing, so it’s incomparable with today’s cyborg geeks sweaters

some balance is needed, they can do it, if only alliance could cry with the same impact than horde asking for Horde vs Horde BGs in TBC classic
but it looks like crying is only a little baby horde thing

"please take these Horde vs Horde BGs and stop crying little baby horde :lollipop: :lollipop: :lollipop: :lollipop: :candy: :candy: :candy: :candy: :milk_glass: :milk_glass: :milk_glass: "

they did it for horde…

Meanwhile in Retail - Orcs still have stun resistance.

So yes 20 years and counting in all WoW versions.

Somehow WoW is not dead. Weird.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, Orc stun resistance isn’t going anywhere. You just got to handle this tragedy somehow.

i know nothing about retail (stopped in Cata)
Orc’s stun resist is not the same since WOTLK, and other people got stun resist by Meta-gems

i never said to delete it, i say give a minimum 10-15+ % stun resist to drunken dwarves, it’s full RP compatible
Dwarves have nothing, only stoneform for 8sec every 3min

with this update we could maybe say goodbye to the onesided servers

how many years you want to play this unbalanced game? balance is needed or people gonna pay 13e/month only to farm rep/honor per hour… it’s not a game that you defend

1 Like

And yet, it’s still the most successful MMO for 20 years and counting.

Guess somehow Orc Stun Resistance and bad balance did not kill it.

It’s so cute, all these dooming against something that is proven by time to work. I find the whining about balance especially funny in a Classic format with crazy runes all over the place.

1 Like

not since Cata (many people quitted as me)

people returned for the nostalgia . but people are not mouseclickers anymore so the version need changes

NOSTALGIA , A MUSEUM
nothing else
the game design have to change, SoD is here for change

Well they nerfed it in TBC. I see no harm in TBC version for SoD. Still a powerful racial.

Orc stun resistance is imo by far the most retarded mechanic in classic. Especially considering it is a passive effect. 1 out of 4 resisting stuns and all you have to do is select the shrek in character creation screen.

1 Like

It still is - you do not matter, facts do.

You can screech all you like, but you just can’t handle the fact that people love Classic and it’s sure as hell not because it was the most balanced WoW iteration ever.

For every individual like you - there are 100 that do not give a damn about this “balance” in Classic.

We know what we sign up for.

1 Like

so you, as an alliancer, are okay to walk in the game and face horde with broken privileges, for how long? we had 4years of classic, it’s enough without changes

nostalgia ended, it’s time to play

Yes, I’m okay, because I can Shadowmeld and send my pet buttlove 70% of the Horde playerbase at will.

Balance btw.

1 Like

Imagine having paladins and windfury and somehow still cry about it

3 Likes

I think the discussion here is really stupid.

Yes, people will NOT quit a game they love only because of one broken racial ability. Most people love pve, raiding, the world, questing etc., hundreds of things keep people attached to the game.

But at the same time it does not mean that the racial isn’t broken. It is broken. It makes pvp in this game a lot more unpleasant for alliance players. Paladin’s hoj is central to their toolkit, the most important ability for an entire class. And it doesn’t work half of the time because of a passive racial - it is real bad game design and for that reason it has been changed in later versions of the game.

This is season of discovery, a lot of things has been changed from the original game, it is not a place for “nochanges”. Broken racials as well as other stupid abilities can be changed in this version of the game, and they should be.

2 Likes