Oribos is the worst Capital City in game, change my mind

Learn something about lore. Oribos is not city. Its machine what was created to order souls of the dead. So dont complain about lack of features what normal city have becouse its not city.

I don’t see it as a capital, but rather this exp version of Dalaran, like something in position to be able to swoop down on the zones.

But yeah it sucks. Zuldazar and Boralus felt like you’d discovered whole new nations…Oribos feels like you’ve discovered a trading post.

Oh yeah, I often hearthstone to Broken Isles Dalaran to hop over to Stormwind, and as soon as the music starts and I see it I miss it I know I’ll never feel that way about Oribos.

3 Likes

Only zone you can not fly will be maw and new zone but you are right there are better city’s

You sure on that .Hint is in the name

" Oribos, the Eternal City"

2 Likes

Its… in its name?
Oribos, the Eternal City (also known as the Undying City)
Constructed by the First Ones and predating all memory, the Eternal City serves as a nexus between the various domains of the Shadowlands and is a gathering point for power brokers, wheelers, dealers, and anima traders

Tho’ it looks like a turbine or a lightsabre hilt, some part of a giant machine…
Its indeed a city

4 Likes

That is so untrue. Both Ironforge and Undercity have CLEAR indications as to where you are. Oribos is the exact same tileset copy pasted 4 times. Also both Classic Cities have a lot more depth to it, and are generally cooler.

2 Likes

You can call it city as you want. It was designed to be machine not as city.

I think the main problem as the titles is saying “capital city”
It is not
Oribos is not a capital city…
It was designed as a player hub
Thats not the same thing
And as a hub it have everything except an AH in a small place that easy to navigate - basically have everything such a hub needs
(Even AH if you are an engineer)

And long bois for those who aren’t :sauropod:

1 Like

It didnt take 10-15 minutes. And it also mainly dependent on how big your server was. Big ones lagged because of so many players in such a small zone without any sharding dependent on time of day. Even with the hardware changes to the servers this would still occur on big realms if sharding wasnt a thing.

Boralus had everything one needed at practically one spot. The only thing one “needed a mount for” would have been the PvP section. Dazar’alor was a mess however.

Only city I realy liked and enjoyed was Borealus. Miss it everytime I have to go past Oribos.

Boralus in my favourite capital

Without follow at peak times it was impossible to get form landing zone to alliance side i made quite nice amount of gold helping people with potato computers guiding them from side to side in dalaran.

When i still had my computer that i used in BC at the start of wrath i actually could not go dalaran because of lag and my laptop computer was almost on fire with 1 fps. It was a real gamechanger after i bought a new cheap laptop and i finally had 15-20 fps in dalaran.

Ironforge is still the only captial worth afking in.

1 Like

I don’t mind Oribos, its far from the best but its got a nice simple layout.

That sounds like a personal issue tho, not the games necessarily. Would be like me complaining about Jaina during BoDA because i was infact forced to upgrade my PC because 5fps was not feasible.

I honestly believe they should add a toy item called “Utility1.1” to the game.

Using it would teleport the user to a blank void with ALL the important NPCs standing right next to each other, side by side. So people who want utility can have their optimized to the max space and then let people who like fantasy asthetics have their wonder maze of cities

2 Likes

I think the worst for me are Silvermoon City which looks the same all over, is always empty and I always got lost there. Also Dazar’Alor where I also always got lost and it was so ridiculously big for no reason; it also had enemy mobs in it.
Next to those, Oribos is wonderful.
The best, though, are Stormwind to look at and Ironforge to use as a city hub.

If you got lost on Oribos, you gotta have some issue with directions, it’s extremely simple and easy to memorize locations and services.

Oribos is quite literally an Airport were souls are just directed to their realms once they die and it only has connections to all the Shadowlands.

Castle Narthia is closer to what a city is.

And the point that all NPC’s look the same really doesn’t make any sense, i mean, in which racial capital city the NPC’s looked different from each other? Most cities have the majority of NPC’s from one or two races.

Agreed, apart from comparing it to an Ironforge as I think that’s a great city, Undercity is also better in my opinion. Oribos just feels like such a lazy and downright boring design.