Other races in Peak of Serenity?

You know how you level your monk first time in MoP, lore wise it has been only a year through the Mist of Pandaria expansion.

How the heck are there many non-pandaren races in Peak of Serenity who are masters of the martial arts if Pandaria hasnt been accessible to the rest of the world since the mists have lifted?

Is this a plot hole in the writing or mastering the pandaren teachings that easy?

Just an example of ludonarrative dissonance, which I have no problem with. Just the same as many horde/alliance being able to raid content that lore-wise is exclusive to one faction

So lore-wise those other races dont really exist in there?

maybe they do exist there, just that they would only be rookies i guess

I can’t find the source right now as MoP released eight years ago at this point, but bear in mind that it came with the small retcon that some Pandaren walked the rest of Azeroth years before MoP released. They didn’t all stay on the turtle.

(I say small retcon because while the model didn’t exist yet there was a quest confirming their existence in iirc Ratchet since Classic days. It’s similar to how if you got behind the Greymane wall pre-Cataclysm there’d be nothing there when lorewise the city would of course exist)

This is how despite taking place in early TBC storywise, the Blood Elf and Draenei starting areas still have a Pandaren Monk trainer.

Assuming the teleport to the Peak of Serenity isn’t just a gameplay mechanic, that could explain how other races ended up there before MoP as well.

I’ll give you that this doesn’t quite explain why the rest of Pandaria was still relatively unknown to the rest of Azeroth. Perhaps the non-Pandaren Monks swore an oath to keep things secret given what the conflict of our war would inevitably bring to Pandaria, in exchange for training?

4 Likes

They are “Masters” because the peak of serenity is a mallninja mcdojo handing out rank sashes like hallow’s end candy to the profound embarrassment of the genuine martial artists of Pandaria.

Some Wandering Isle pandaren left to explore Kalimdor & the Eastern Kingdoms. I guess training a few people of the other races wouldn’t be unheard of.

But really, in the end it’s down to the sort of retroactive storytelling that the first few WoW expansions had before it became too much and they had to introduce Chromie and all the expansions officially being on different timelines. Like how playable Draenei monks didn’t learn after the discovery of the Wandering Isle and Pandaria, nope, there was conveniently a traveling monk who could train a few people when the Exodar crashed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.