Our shapeshift forms are unacceptably puny

Am I the only one who thinks our bear and cat forms need a significant bump in size? The cat form is supposed to represent a lethal apex predator like a tiger or a lion, not something that looks like an adult man IRL could beat in a fight. The difference is especially bad on a male tauren, to the point where shapeshifting should be a legitimate downgrade in power because a random adult tauren could definitely snap the cat form in half.

We already have an example of a druid having a respectably sized cat form: Thaon Moonclaw in Val’Sharah looks quite formidable and communicates his power as an archdruid with his increased size. If we could get half the size bump he gets, we would be golden. Our character does also become an archdruid after completing the campaign after all.

I feel similarly about the bear form. It should be as large as it can possibly get up until the threshold where doorways etc. become a problem. We’re not just transforming into animals like in DnD, we’re transforming into primal archetypes of these animals empowered by the emerald dream and elune. We deserve more of a presence.

This is also an extremely easy thing to implement. I’m not asking for new assets, just an adjustment on our size modifier that toys and other effects can already access. Maybe the large cat form would be exclusive to feral and the large bear form would be exclusive to guardian, thus emphasizing their spec identity for very little developer effort.

1 Like