Out of touch

I initially posted this in the new/returning players forum but was advised to post in here.

I guess this is probably to be expected when you’ve not played the game seriously since wotlk.

I am really struggling to find a guild that doesn’t feel so big that it’s overwhelming.
I don’t want to do anything serious, just casual stuff and if it’s not to much to ask find some people willing to help me understand all what has changed and is going on in this current World of Warcraft.

I miss feeling like this game has a sense of friendship, that you can get to know people, enjoy the game together.

I know there are people that are going to read this and laugh at me or post something unhelpful or unconstructive, but I don’t really care, I just want to voice my views and see what comes of it.

3 Likes

Have you considered getting into RP? It can be as casual as you’d like it to be and it has no obligation for you to keep up with levels and game systems. Just hang out and make friends. There are plenty of resources that can help you get into it and most RP guilds will gladly guide you along, big and small ones alike.

5 Likes

I’ve not done RP in many many years. When I am in Stormwind I find it very crowded and a bit overwhelming. I feel like I don’t know where to start. Once upon a time I did want to find a guild that was centred around druids or Nightelves, I don’t know if that’s a thing?

Thank you for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Stormwind is a hit and miss in terms of stress levels. I would suggest browing the Argent Dawn archives website for small guilds that would suit your druid.

There are Kaldorei guilds that are advertising a few threads down on this forum, but they are pretty big afaik.

1 Like

Stormwind is kind of RP capital so yeah it gets pretty crowded there.
As Kruantu said the argent archives have a decent listings of guild, many RP guilds also have recruitment threads here on argent dawn with different themes you might be interested in, takes a bit of scrolling though.

2 Likes

There is a guild recently made actually tailored specifically to what your asking for, Call of the Wild I think its called, Mostly nelf(with rare exceptions) and druid, you should hit them up, they likely will take on a returning rp’er, rp isnt too hard to pick back up if youve done it before, their recruitment thread is on this forums it shouldnt be that far down the list

May I recommend these lads

2 Likes

I hate not to meet expectations… so

:nerd_face: :point_left: :joy:

Now then

You’ve already been given a good link to a guild like that, so i’ll just mention if you keep an eye on the forum you may catch a public druid meeting, taking place at some point.
they happen once in a while and offer a chance to meet many other druid rp’ers from both factions.
Haven’t seen one in a while, but i’m sure one will pop up again eventually.

1 Like

Thank you all for your resourcefulness. I shall take the advice and suggestions given.

Thank you Thuzar for living up to that expectation :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Echoing what Sigtryggr said about Call of the Wild, seems like a promising guild for what you’re after. Relaxed, casual with no mandatory event attendance. As also mentioned taking a look at what’s going on in major hubs is a good way to get a feel for what you might end up enjoying.

Honestly I wouldn’t dive into a narrow niche so soon, look about, get a feel for things. Maybe even casually watch others RP, most players won’t mind you quietly sitting there just watching them do their own thing. Some even love having an audience - this is improv theatre after all.

2 Likes

You can always stealth about!

1 Like

You’re out of touch, I’m out of time
But I’m out of my head when you’re not around
You’re out of touch, I’m out of time
But I’m out of my head when you’re not around

6 Likes

I hate the fact that that’s what I was originally going to post too…

1 Like

Welcome to Argent Dawn!

I’m posting, because I felt much like you when first joining this realm way back. Much may have changed since, but I’d say this is still the place to be to make some meaningful online connections in WoW. RP has a way of bringing people together, often way more so than any of the more (shall we say) “orthodox” content has.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s nice to know that others have felt the same way as me :heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.