Outlaw Rogue Changes 10.2

So with the release notes of 10.2 coming out and seeing some changes, I’m part happy, part disappointed. Getting Grappling Hook, Blade Flurry, Roll the Bones, and Restless Blades are now baseline abilities is amazing since these are core abilities that makes Outlaw Rogue it’s unique look to stand out of the other specs. Some other changes like Adrenaline Rush talented gives us full combo points and at the end full energy, perfect! Less wasted combo points.

What I don’t like is that they didn’t adres an issue which is that Outlaw is still way too depended on stealth to get roll the dice/keep it rolling working as best as possible. You are forced to use shadow Dance/vanish to get as much Ambush to get more roll the dice to then extend it with keep it rolling to have all the positive rolls. It causes the spec to be convoluted and very prone to errors in which you get harshly punished for it with way too many buttons and not enough reward.

Also if they want to look at class identity it throws us too close to Subtlety (which is also a spec to be very stealth related) Outlaw Rogues (Just like what it used to be as Combat) are Rogues that are direct in approach, The Han Solo of rogues, The “in your face” rogue warriors that use guns, swords and grapple hooks to do their job and is their identity. To make them too much reliable on stealth makes Outlaw have too many buttons to push and macro and can make people lose tracking of their position at certain moments.

So I have a small suggestion:

Make Count the Odds 1 talent point, Remove the increase chance and Duration during stealth and make the percentage a middle ground, let’s say 30% but increase the duration to 10 seconds so people have a better chance to get people hit Keep it rolling more efficiently. And makes Audacity more valuable as a talent.

Increase the damage of Sinister Strik or better yet, give sinister strike a bleeding dot. This helps to compensate being too depended on Ambush during a possible down time.

A damage over time effect might also help since the problem Outlaw has at the moment is that once they can’t attack their target all their damages drops, they lose Role the dice buffs through count the odds and they have to ramp up again and lose too much time getting back up again.

If others have any other ideas or feedback, I would love to hear it!

1 Like

I was pretty disappointed when I saw they didn’t remove shadow dance. It really does feel like a Sub rogue playstyle + having to maintain like 5 buffs to do mediocre damage.

please post this under PTR feedback

1 Like

Tbh what annoys me the most is roll the bones, too often I roll the cdr one or the blade flurry one (old leech) and then can’t play the game till next roll (if I’m lucky to not reroll the crap buff again).

I don’t understand why this rng playstyle it’s not fun and toxic, they should make each buff either different but similar in viability or make us get 2 buff every roll at least.

Also bring back sprint freedom in pvp plz, probably the most horrible change to our pvp talent.

The rng can really suck sometimes you get back to back to back bad the whole entire boss fight. The buffs should have more of a minor impact to the spec than they have atm.

Awful rogue changes for the most part.

if this is what they are gonna do, id rather them not do anything at all.

Seal fate only for assassination only, after i got used to it on sub and even outlaw, and actually liked it a lot. Truly awful.

PATHETIC.

1 Like

just download PTR play and test it

AND WRITE IT TO PTR SECTION

Well after trying it a while, it’s not as bad as i originally thought, i gave too much weight to the removal of seal fate from other specs, but combo point generation still seems relatively high.

Although i certainly do not like it.

And why doesn’t dreadblades generate full combo points with it’s initial hit? Hello?

Deft manouvers is something i suggested personally, but not as a talent, especially not one that is so far out of the tree.

So here’s some actual suggestions, because there actually is potential here.

1: First of all, seal fate back in class tree.

2:Dancing steel and deft maneuvers baseline.

3: count the odds proc rate is TOO LOW! This also makes keep it rolling kinda bad. Which is a damn shame

4: Crackshot is a weird ability, it says that between the eyes should have no cd, but it still does, and sometimes doesn’t, either update the tooltip so it actually matches what it actually does, or fix bugs.

5: Sinister strike proc chance too low. It was 40%, now it’s 35%, it’s starting to get into unreliable percentages.

If you do these things, outlaw might actually become even better than before.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.