Overwolf and Curseforge

What is Overwolf and what is the Curseforge-app ?

I got the thing that downloads and installs wow-addons from curseforge.
So Id believe it is the curseforge-app that i have, but somehow I also think it is Overwolf since it takes time to load when opening it up (and ive read here and there that overwolf “takes time”/other negative stuff.

I guess I just dont understand what Overwolf is, can somebody pls explain ?

Twitch sold CurseForge to Overwolf back in 2020.

Overwolf is basically a game overlay magnate, who supports AddOns for a variety of different games - including WoW.

That’s why the launcher you’re using contains branding for the CurseForge app itself, and their parent company Overwolf.

Are there two different Curseforge apps then ? One which does not have the Overwolf-game-overlay-magnate ? (have no clue what a “game overlay magnate” is)

Well, since Overwolf bought the CurseForge app, they merged everything into one bloated application.

But you seem to be in luck, if you do not wish to make use of the Overwolf application - they recently released a stand-alone version of the CurseForge app, which you can download from their website.

However, I have no experience with this stand-alone product, and cannot verify whether or not it supports legacy versions of WoW - you’ll have to find that out for yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.