Paid character transfer for classic - when?

As title really. I recently reconnected with my friends from vanilla and want to transfer to their realm to play with them, however the classic realm I’m on doesn’t even have a free transfer, let alone paid.

When can we expect the paid transfers to be enabled? I’m too busy to level yet another character and gear it -.-

4 Likes

This is not something Support can address as it’s a development decision. Your thread may be moved to Classic Discussion as it’s an often requested feature.

Character Transfer Classic

Keep an eye out whether if FCM becomes enabled for your Classic realms here:

With respect, I’m not interested in FCM to a different realm, I need to go to a specific realm to play with my friends, hence the paid character transfer.

1 Like

A: We’re considering integrating a character transfer service once players have reached higher levels.
from the Q&A.
now DireM is released.
so i think paid transfer will not be released before TBC is online, because we can not get higher level anymore.

2 Likes

then I guess classic is not the game for you.

4 Likes

Yes!

Give us paid transfer now!

1 Like

I’ll decide which games I play, thanks

2 Likes

start with ur friends on a fresh toon :). or make them start at yours. no issue to be seen.

1 Like

Ye but you don’t decide how the game works.

2 Likes

#opentransfers :smiley:

It was a feature in vanilla so its hardly asking the impossible is it

1 Like

Hopefully never.
It’ll make the faction imbalance even worse than it is now.
What they should be doing is giving free transfers to people on overpopulated factions to underpopulated factions.

2 Likes

That doesn’t work. Why would a dominant population of a pvp realm transfer away from it to lose the easy honour farming advantage…

There would have to be some kind of incentive.
Maybe an account bound item that grants you a couple of levels or an honour reward.
It’s the only thing I can think of that wouldn’t make people too angry or isn’t too intrusive.

Either way we have to do something to solve the faction imbalance, leaving it alone will cause the worse off servers to die and so would paid transfers.

Easier to open the paid transfer up, wait 2 weeks and then start merging servers together. Solves both issues at once whilst making blizzard more money in the process. It’s literally a win win. I’ve cancelled my subscription but I’ll renew when I have the ability to transfer my characters.

3 Likes

Paid transfers will just result in more faction imbalances, even with merges.
Everyone wants to be the majority on a PvP server, if anyone suspects they’re in the minority they’ll just leave and find a server where their faction is the majority.

As opposed to people just quitting either way because they cannot play, and having no option to transfer their high level character and hundreds of gold/ hours played.
If people are willing to pay for a server transfer, chances are their experience is not good at the moment. Either they will reroll or just stop playing. Result is the same. People do not pay a monthly fee for a corpse-running game.

1 Like

What’s better?
Letting people in the minority faction move to a server where they are the majority or letting people in the majority faction move to servers where they are the minority?
If we go with the former the faction balance issue only gets worse but if we go with the latter then we should end up with mostly balanced servers all around.

In an ideal world adding paid transfers to wherever you want would encourage people to balance out the servers, unfortunately we don’t and doing so would only encourage people to move to servers where their favorite faction is the majority (because no one wants to be the minority).

If your faction is the minority then leaving for a server where your faction is the majority only makes the faction population issue worse for both servers, if they let anyone transfer this is what will happen so the better option is to give players the incentive to join servers where they are in the minority to balance out the ratio.

You’re delusional if you think that a dominant faction on a server is going to transfer off of it to lose their advantage, especially pre BGs. I can’t play my alliance PVP character on noggenfrogger at all and the only transfers are horde only. Again, why on earth would they want to leave it when its so faceroll for them?

We pay a monthly subscription to play the game. I can’t leave a capitol city without being ganked, flight masters are often dead in high level zones and when you land you’ll have a group or raid of players waiting for you. I don’t have the time to reroll and gear yet another character up due to RL commitments so its either paid transfer or quit the game. Which do you think is better from a business perspective…

1 - Monthly sub retained and paid transfer funds ontop
2 - Cancelled subscription, customer lost

The answer is ALWAYS 1. Blizzard can then decide on how they handle the servers AFTER a paid transfer window of a few weeks has occurred. This is exactly what was done in vanilla yet the classic approach is seriously flawed atm.

1 Like

Ignore the panda has no clue what they are on about and goes from thread to thread trolling .
Ask the panda why they are ok with paid race changes but not other paid actions.