Paid for a subscription but it is not showing up

Hello!

About 37 minutes ago I paid for my monthly WoW subscription but it is still inactive. The bank is saying that the money did reach Blizzard and gave me a transaction code, plus I can see that I was charged for it. Yet it does not show up on the purchases list and my account is still inactive. Is there a quick fix for this problem or should I write a ticket and wait? I didn’t want to pay twice so I wanted to ask before doing anything.

PS: I did read some people having a similar issue but I can see the charge on my card and I did not use PayPal.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there Relyanna,

This typically means that a temporary authorization hold was issued successfully, but the actual payment was declined by your bank. For more info about this, check out this article: Paid a Subscription But My Account is Still Inactive.

The authorization may look like a successful payment while it’s active, but will not finalize and simply disappear from your statement when it expires. Normally this only takes a day or two, but it depends on your bank and you’d have to check with them for the specifics.

If you still have funds available or can use another payment method, feel free to retry the subscription whenever you get a chance, or if the pre-authorization is causing issues you may want to try some Prepaid Game Time instead.

You can also find more general info about this here: Solutions to Common Payment Issues.

Thank you so much for the answer Tyrskorn <3 I will check in with the bank again.