Paladin lore: Class fantasy and race choice

I’m trying to chose a paladin spec for my human, but which one would be the “perfect” one according to lore?

I don’t want more than one character with the same spec and Lightforged are obvious paladins, so there goes one. Draenei have vindicators = retribution, but the ashbringer speaks more to humans… I’m confused.

I’ve chosen protection right now, I was thinking of making her some sort of body guard/advisor, but have a feeling it’s wrong. I don’t really understand the class fantasy. I’m also thinking maybe a (female) human is too weak for a large shield and the weapon required. Does it make sense?

So, to summon it up: Prot pala class fantasy and lore + iconic pala spec for humans.

Thank you!

technically the ashbringer is dwarven it was forged by the dwarven king magni bronzebeard for Scarlet Crusade Leader Alexandros Mograin to avenge his brother Muradin he poured all his hate and anger into the blade a perfect weapon to destroy the lich king and at the heart of the blade sits a fragment of a Naaru empowering the blade with the light

also the draenei was vindicators millenia before the humans even existed :stuck_out_tongue: they was on the run for 25000 years also in the newer lore it was the naaru who taught the humans about the light most of the iconic lore paladins are also ret so holy spec uther is kinda the odd man out

also the “protect” paladin has not been a thing since warcraft 2 if you look at all the warcraft 3 paladins they use a giant mace :stuck_out_tongue: and a libram

of course your ultimately free to play as you like but since you posted in lore rather then the paladin section I felt the need to clear up a few things

2 Likes

Yes, this was what I was wondering. Thanks!

Lutia makes some good points.
Additionally, regarding the shield thing, If you find it unrealistic or immersion breaking that a small human or a woman can carry around ridiculously large weaponry, then I’m sorry to break it to ya, but World of Warcraft might not be the game for you… :wink:

Thank you for your valuable contribution, child.

Huh?
I’m sorry, It’s really hard to read intention and tone from text.
Did my post come of as mean spirited? I genuinely have a hard time telling if you felt offended by it. I was merely trying to make a joke, remarking on how silly the oversized weapons and armours in the game can look, and how big the size difference between male and female characters is.
I didn’t mean to imply that I thought you shouldn’t play the game.
(Or am I just reading way too much into this, or do you genuinely think that i am a literal child?)

2 Likes

I think this was just some In Character talk, nothing more :slight_smile: (like a priest addressing his flock)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.