Paladin or Druid?

Hey

simple question, i like tanking and healing, having a sturdy tank is my coin, not like a BDK, i prefer armor over beeing a furryball but runebearform is gorgeous, so i can’t really decide.

Doing only pugs for Ksm and Aotc, are both equal in tanking/healing?

Regards

i would recommend at the moment paladin over druid in tanking.
In healing I would say druid, because you can go easily oom as pala heal, when you do dmg while healing.

But at this level you want to play its which style of play fits you better

At that level, it doesn’t matter what you play. Just play whichever you enjoy most.

2 Likes

So no really difference between prot and guardian? Selfheal and def wise?

There are differences in how they feel to play, but differences in how they perform don’t matter until you get to very high keys ~+28 and above.

simple answer
Monk

In hindsight I would’ve prefered to main a Paladin instead of this Priest… but I’m too far gone doing everything with this character [Mogs/Quests/Progress/Rep/Professions/etc etc etc]. Aesthetically, Paladins just look so much better.

But I started way back in TBC and Blood Elves were the Horde’s only option then, to which I wasn’t keen on playing the ‘pretty boy’ race so went with an Undead Priest instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

you have more dmg,cc, def cds, support tools and selfheal as prot pala

if you arent maxed out on gear, you will see on lower key level already a difference in ability power between these speccs, especially if you pug and your mates having problems to breath while they do their rotation

I’d suggest that KSM is the easier thing to get in terms of skill, so I would mostly look at raid performance.

Observationally, people seem to have a harder time getting numbers out of resto druids in raids than they do paladins. It just isn’t easy gameplay in S3.

Either tank spec is quite adequate as long as you’re playing it properly.

Pala for tank, pala for healer, pala for dps :slight_smile:

Easy choice.

Armour is way more versatile to style, so judging on your post I think you’d prefer paladin.

S3 is essentially over, though. I assume the OP is asking for S4.

Imho in tanking and healing the druid wins over paladins .

1 Like

Tanking pala wins, healing druid wins currently but historically holy pala is usually a strong healer.

I’d pick paladin for tanking and druid for healing, both by a fair margin. I’d make the decision dependent on which of the two roles you think you’ll play more (or just prefer).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.