Paladin's run speed is disaster

What is going on with blizz and paladins? The running speed of paladin is living torture… They don’t even have mobility spells to move faster (except that crapppy divine steed which is nothing) Can they at least buff movement speed a bit? Seriously every other class is faster than paladin (not with spells etc, just by placing them next to each other and start running, paladin is left behind a lot) I really dont understand why such hatred against paladins from developers team to do this to them. Sure, you dont like this class, but you dont need ruin it for everyone

7 Likes

Paladins can remove snares and slowes with multiple abilities and they have two sprints, I think they are more than fine compared to other classes.

3 Likes

Compared to what classes?

6 Likes

I dont speak about pvp. Open world, dungeons, raids, runnning around, theres no snares and slowes doing daily activities.

1 Like

Well they are, after all, wearing full plate head to toe.

1 Like

give paladin judgement speed back… and lower its cd so they can basically have perma speed when they judge BUT buff mobile classes even more so paladin is still basically wheel chair class but it would much more fun because of judgment speed buff … this is not 2008 game… in 2020 how game is designed nobody want to be slow its just not fun

1 Like

With Holy Power back they could bring back Pursuit of Justice in some way to boost our movement.

2 Likes

So can many other classes so this aint really a good argument. Some that cant remove snares have instant gapclosers for when its over. Slows have nearly lost all their meaning at this point as they have near 0 effect on monks or DHs burst mobility.

Pala mobility would be fine if other classes would get some form nerf to their massive number of ways to get away or close gaps but the backlash on that would be huge.

Whats the point of 2x blink’s when a warrior has 3+ leaps and charges?
Whats the point of nova when a warrior can have spellreflect while in it or bladestorm out of it?
Whats the point of slows when im slowed the same as soon as he is near me and there is no way of stopping that?
At this point it feels like a mages arsenal is tailored to counter only paladins mobility and most other classes has it tailored to counter a mage.

1 Like

Ret paladins have one of the best PvP burst in the game, and they have BOP, Freedom, multiple Sprints, Bubble, a powerful range slow and a long stun to stick to targets. That’s more than enough when compared to other platewearing classes.

Ever tried playing a DK? They run like a snail. I wanted really bad to spend more time playing a DK, love the lore and the RP side and actually find one of the specs fun to play but after a bit logged in I just need to go back to my DH or rogue because DK is just too slow and just the 15% increase in running speed those classes have is very noticeable not to mention any mobility abilities. I think overall the movement speed of all classes should be increased, I avoid making comparisons with other MMO’s but one of the things I have enjoyed while playing with other MMO’s is the overall movement speed is alot higher than WOW for every class or every class can hold shift to sprint using a stamina resource as it’s just a design option those MMO’s took unlike WOW. But really DK’s are really slow and that’s a bad deal breaker to have when it comes to chose playing a class nowadays.

As i said i dont think Rets should have more but other melee should have less.
BoP, Freedom, bubble, slow, stun are all dispellable. Everything a Paladin has has a counter. The stun warrior has is 1 second shorter but has longer range and cant be dispelled nor can it be reflected/ressisted.

The slow has a long CD and as said is dispellable. VS so many classes it at best can force them to dissmount and then target is out of range after either way.
Yes DKs are slow but has spammable ranged slow, AMS is a short CD minibubble VS casters and to actually slow down a DK more then normal speed is hard while they have ranged spammable slow, ranged interupt, stun etc and compared to Paladins a DKs tools cant be countered in the same way.

The burst a paladin has is not always undisputed in every expansion, at some stages other classes are at the same lvl or above. Dont know how it will be in SL yet.

1 Like

Thing is there seems to be a mix here where some people are thinking in pvp terms and balance and some people just want to move around faster in the world/dungeons while questing without having to mount up between each mob or pack.

2 Likes

At least someone get it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.