[Pandaria][Event] 2nd Tournament of Celestial Arts

Isn’t this a tournament of Celestial arts?

You do have a point… UPS! I thought it was a plain fighting Tournament rather than a ‘Celestial Arts’ one. My bad!

3 Likes

This is amazing!

I hope I’m leveled in time to spectate.
That way I can scope to competition to guarantee my victory in the third tournament.

Ah, Im in.

Little Feather, tauren warrior! Intermediate level!

IN BEFORE LOCK.

Valthren Blazefury - Intermediate.

Evening! just wanted some clarity on rules…

Is that not chi used offensively to achieve a strike(even as a feint) rather than defensively, so this would be a breach in the rules?

1 Like

The emote in question would indeed be against the rules. It was however just meant as an example on what sort of emotes we’d like to see in the tournament.

Thank you for clarification!

The event is already underway, and you can watch some of the fighting taking place in it through here: https://www.twitch.tv/sindarudangan

While the event isn’t even close to over yet (with the first fights only now happening), I can already safely give out big thanks to our three referees (Throgann, Fougin and Zen) who are making this possible. I’m having trouble following the chat with how big the turn-out is this time, so I can only be grateful for the help!

2 Likes

With the event coming to a close, our favorite logistics gnome and snap-o-grapher made a few snaps of the first half of the tournament. Have a look below!

1 vote and 0 comments so far on Reddit

And on a slightly different note, here as some snaps of the live-stream as it turned from ambient supplement to -H Y P E - S T R E A M- for the intermediate fights.

9 Likes

Brilliant tournament! Loved watching and taking part! here’s hoping the next one comes around quickly!

1 Like

I enjoyed watching the fighters fight. Many thanks for letting me help <3

1 Like

I had a blast participating, can’t wait to attend the next Tournament <3

2 Likes

Greetings, head organizer here :wave::panda_face:

I’d like to start by apologizing for us grossly underestimating the sheer scale of the venue :sweat_smile: It all worked out in the end but midway I’ve occasionally worried about people going from one fight to spectate another. I hope it didn’t detract from the experience as much as I fear!

With that out of the way, I’d like to thank everybody for the astoundingly positive mood they brought to this event :pray: I’ve not been this over the moon happy to have run an event in years, and while that may be a big yikes considering last tournament was half a year ago, it also speaks volumes of positivity for this event!

I’d like to first of all thank the audience for showing up and interacting with everybody! You made this event truly great :pray:
My next thanks goes to the fighters. From what I have seen, the emotes have been of the quality we were hoping for. The sheer difference in styles was amazing and what really blew me away were the vast differences how a gnome fought black ox style versus how a tauren fought black ox style without either of them departing from the core of the style :grin:

Shoutout goes to Nar’thak, Valthren, Okiba, Pipse, Tanshi, Azrael, Deedi, Rulf of Rulf, Tarruk, Tibserai, Zouyo, Zen and of course Liao of Krasarang for putting up an amazing spectacle of emotes! Fear not if you’ve been a participant and your name hasn’t come up! It simply means I’ve been either absent or too preoccupied by 6 other things happening during the event to have had a proper look! I did get a glimpse of the novice bracket’s emotes though. I think it may have been Zenera’s first fight. I was pleased with what I’ve seen! :panda_face:

Regardless, I’m so grateful to have been witness to the vast differences between each bracket’s style, quality and whackiness of emotes! All three were exactly as we’d hoped for, and I empower all monks who have participated to express their characters out there without any restraint :pray:

And lastly of course, very special thanks go to the refrees, my personal assistant and Shuang :wave: Without you five, this event would never have run this smoothly! Two of them have already written in here!

The champions of the Second Tournament of Four Winds have been decided!

Novice Champion of the South Wind - Zenera (Zeera) received a medal and a pair of blessed handwraps through which course a perpetual healing mist
Intermediate Champion of the South Wind - Tanshi received a medal and a set of prayer beads of Chi’ji that are said to bring forth a divine intervention at one’s darkest moments in life
Master Champion of the South Wind - Tarruk Kegstride received a medal and a blessed trinket of the Red Crane

I also want to emphasize to Deedi that you blew the crowd away and to Pipse that you make this tiger monk look good from any and all angles, I am so over the moon in regards to how good it looks :grin:

Big thanks to Sindaru for the stream :pray: I think it’s been an inspiring experience for people who have already thought about showcasing RP events like this but haven’t yet taken the first step to doing so!

The next tournament will be held in a perilous land beyond the Serpent’s Spine later this Summer - I hope to be seeing you all here!

And once again, thanks everybody for attending :pray: I have not in a long time been this grateful to have run an event. Every single one of you made this a really special experience for being on either organizing, attending or participating end and I guarantee you that that is one of the most difficult feats to pull off in any RP community! Bless you all :panda_face:

6 Likes

Pulls of Xujing mask to reveal A FILTHY ELF!

Many thanks to everyone who came out and made the event as wonderful as it was last evening! You made it an excellent time to run for!

And run, and run, and now Xujing is dead of cardiac arrest. #RIPPanda

1 Like

Start was a little chaotic, but…

Once everything kicked off it was GREAT! Thank you for hosting, it was a good evening - especially loved the stream images, I was dying of laughter when it was pointed out to me.

3 Likes

It was a super fun event! I was completely surprised that I won but it was extremely fun to see all the different styles. Definately will be attending the next one :muscle:

4 Likes

So many brilliant emotes bringing so many iconic and brilliant individual styles alive!

Tanshi’s blew my socks off! (no really, has anyone seen them?)

And if i’m to understand correctly, there’s more events tonight and tommorow! Pandaria <3

1 Like

I kindly ask you all to keep any feedback coming by the way! :panda_face:

We and especially I am/will be reading every single reflection upon the event and take everything that feels like it could be improved from an organizer’s end as feedback that will serve to improve any future tournaments for monks out there! :pray:

Requests for other types of Pandaria-borne tournaments are fine too (I remember swords and arcane magic coming up at some point) but if put in motion will be contained in separate events respectively since for these tournaments it is very vital to put a strong emphasis on pandaren traditions, and what better way to do that than center it around a class that feels very niche among the many warriors, rogues, hunters and mages out there but still remains widely represented by many races across Azeroth with its pandaren roots clearly present?

But I digress! Please spill your heart out regarding what you didn’t like about the event, but even moreso about what you’e enjoyed and what really stood out for you and made you happy that you were able to attend! :smiley:

As Okiba stated, there are three upcoming events in the Jade Forest today, tomorrow and on Monday!

I am looking forward to seeing those events reoccur much like this one :pray:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.