[Pandaria][Event] 2nd Tournament of Celestial Arts

Crane’s grace, if it wasn’t for your whisper I would’ve missed this! Sign me up under the Intermediate bracket, if’n you please.

HYPE!

2 Likes

Deedi Dirgefuse, signing up for Master bracket, ready to get her bacon kicked.

2 Likes

As we approach the tournament, I would like to empower the participating monks to be mindful and tailor their emotes to entertain the audience! Nobody will be talking about your monk, whether they win or not, if the emotes wind up rather boring!

If you need some inspiration, I encourage you to watch a few classic Kung Fu flicks :panda_face:
Iron Monkey, Ip Man, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, the 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Drunken Master(!) are a few extremely recommendable films off the top of my head that may inspire more color into your characters’ fighting styles expressed in writing!

Do not fret if your emotes still require some practice, especially in the novice bracket - however, our expectations are set higher with each bracket!

Below is an example of the standard (not necessarily the length, but the quality!) of emotes we are hopeful to see:

Shuang lifts her hands before her where she holds them in loose fists as she eyes over her opponent, all the while hopping from foot to foot, her steps light and nimble. In a sudden burst of motion and speed, she closes the distance and sends two quick jabs at his/her face with chi trailing behind the strikes to distract him/her. Soon after she twists herself into a powerful leap to slam the top of her foot into his/her head.

Be mindful as a participant that when attacking, the emotes should state the target, and when defending that the hits may be blocked, avoided or taken as the narrative demands it! One point is one successful strike and an elimination may occur not necessarily by K.O. but also by being pushed or thrown out of the ring!

3 Likes

If there’s still spots open for competitors, I’d love to join in on this, master bracket by the way under the name of Eldryn Fargrove

Rulf of the family of Rulf and the Al’Saqr Trading Company would like to apply to the tournament in the Masters Bracket.

Returning to test the results of his training, Tanshi - Darkspear and proud - signs up for the Intermediary bracket.

A word of warning. Due to the amount of sign-ups versus space available, it is highly likely that the masters’ bracket will happen on Saturday the 16th. Will people be ok if it does?

There should be no issues from the side of the Al’Saqr. So long as the quality of the event remains great then it is completely fine to stretch it out on two days and that also means more rp!

I’m afraid I must drop out due to work commitments. I will try to turn up regardless, but in a spectator capacity =] Sorry for the inconvenience.

Saturday… I’ll try to be there, but won’t be there for long cus I’ve got 5:30am shift on Sunday and need to try and grab something resembling sleep. :frowning: Hopefully the event should go quick enough to fully enjoy :slight_smile:

Just to clarify the Saturday decision:

The Master’s Bracket will with 98% likelihood take place either mostly or halfly on Friday - We are only asking masters to be available on Saturday as well due to a likelihood that we are hosting three brackets as opposed to two like last time, and there have been pleasantly many sign-ups in the masters’ bracket!
As a result we are asking masters to reserve their Saturdays in order to avoid hosting an event until 3 in the morning and accidentally ruining anybody’s day/night rhythm as a result of event duration :slight_smile:

In order to create a little urgency and to facilitate organization on our behalf, sign-ups will be closing tomorrow by 23:59 CET! Make sure you sign up before the midnight leading into Monday!

Mehnar would love to partake in the Master Rank Tournament and show off traditional Draenei fighting techniques! Sign me up!

Isn’t this a tournament of Celestial arts?

You do have a point… UPS! I thought it was a plain fighting Tournament rather than a ‘Celestial Arts’ one. My bad!

3 Likes

This is amazing!

I hope I’m leveled in time to spectate.
That way I can scope to competition to guarantee my victory in the third tournament.

Ah, Im in.

Little Feather, tauren warrior! Intermediate level!

IN BEFORE LOCK.

Valthren Blazefury - Intermediate.

Evening! just wanted some clarity on rules…

Is that not chi used offensively to achieve a strike(even as a feint) rather than defensively, so this would be a breach in the rules?

1 Like

The emote in question would indeed be against the rules. It was however just meant as an example on what sort of emotes we’d like to see in the tournament.