Passive health regeneration (warrior)

Hello.
Sorry about basic question, what regeneration formula is used in classic?

I’m leveling a warrior and found, from multiple sources, that Pre-TBC warrior should regen: (Spirit * .8) + 6 health each tick. My warrior is 15 lvl and has 30 spirit without buffs. So, my hp per tick should be 30 * .8 + 6 = 30, but default UI shows me only 21 hp per tick.
So, is this formula wrong or I miss something, like level difference or so?

Just wait n see

Whatever it is, it is too s…ty to rely on, except during levels 1-10. :slight_smile: Buy your best available food and happy leveling!

The first character I levelled was a warrior and the amount of food I got through was astounding.

Why? Do you know the formula for regeneration?

I understand, but isn’t spirit gear could boost your hp regeneration and you will eat less?

You would think it works like that but it’s still a long time to sit still while it regenerates. I hope you have learned cooking too.

I’m not sure if the formula is right. I know some classes or races (I can’t remember which) get extra HP5

Warlock self buff and all trolls off the top of my head.

It’s really not worth stacking spirit to regen health at any level at, any point in the game, or ever. It will probably take nearly 10 times longer to get to lvl 60 than if you ate food. Just fish, cook or buy food from vendor.

I can think of only 1 case where no food or water is needed for a char, if that is the point of OP, and I am doing this with my lock. Affliction spec, get Demon Armor on, DS a voidwalker and spam Siphon Filter and Drain Life. Get mana with Life Tap. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that you also get some decent bonus to health regeneration if you just /sit. I think it is close to 30% but i’m not sure

According to Wowwiki, “pre-TBC” was (spirit x 0.8) + 6 ; and “TBC” was (spirit x 0.5) + 6

Given that Classic runs on the final patch before TBC launched, what Wowwiki is referring to, is actually in the current 1.12 patch, and the 0.8 figure refers to most of vanilla.

I don’t usually trust wowwiki to be accurate but in this case, the figures add up - as 30*0.5 + 6 = 21.

Warriors just have awful health regen i am afraid!

Also have a look at only the 4th point down in this list of ‘not bugs’:

Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate.

I do believe it is working correctly and I would encourage you to take up cooking, or if not, then be sure to stock up on food at the zone’s nearby Inn when leveling.

Also, if you were considering using Spirit gear, its not worth it just for the out of combat regen. The damage increase from Str/Agi gear means you spend less time being attacked by mobs because they die quicker.

Another tip from me: try to configure your personal multitasking around your health regen! For example - need to send a text, or change your music, or go to the toilet, or turn your lights on, or grab a drink etc ? Put it aside until you need to regain health and do it while you’re waiting for your health regen! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.