Passives better than clickable spells? (Blood DK)

Havent played Blood DK since beginning of Legion.

I was looking at talents from top players of raider.io .

They play:

1. Heart strike not blood drinker
  2. Hemostasis not consumption
  3. Will of Necropolis not runetap
  4. Redthirst not bonestorm…

Why are clickable spells worse than passives? Even bonestorm used to be such a good spell for trash, but seems like its not worth it just to get extra vampiric blood saves.

If I were to play like him, I would already lose 4 nice spells…

I feel sad about this.

other than maybe epidemic, i don’t think there is actually one good clickable in the entire rest of the dk talent trees across all specs… In every instance you can geneally either get the same thing without needing to press a button (inexorable vs cold heart) or the passive is just so much better in a particular case.

I supose unholy frenzy might count too but it’s kind of a tight one to judge when refreshing apocalypse is also pretty damn powerful in its own right… sort of wondering now what would happen with a bunch of ineffable truths + apocalyspe… mega army?

The problem with the talent tree’s current iteration is that it only encourages you to do as little as possible wile getting the highest reward and only take actives if they are far above the passives, if your gonna get like 1% damage “potential” out of an active, then there is no point in that active since the passive will automatically stamp out any human error factor lost in the active.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.