Patch 9.0.5 PTR is Now Available

Really nice change, im sure there will be some good feedback regarding the valor point systems.

Good steps forward!

I hope it’s backwards compatible… and they could re-add mythic dungeon world quests and rotate some of that gear through this.

3 Likes

Can you give us the class balancing early so we can give feedback early and be able to avoid the festering of the current situation faced by some classes in the bottom of parses in pve:
havoc DH
warriors
rogues

and also the situation in mythic+, be it the disadvantage of melee for most affixes and the melee meta being stuck with WW and Unholy.

Thank you in advance for trying to get us the data on ptr as soon as possible and listening to the feedback.

Hoping for changes before I lose more players in my raid.

2 Likes

Yes, this is so good!

1 Like

Just want to get my understanding right about m+ and valor.

• overall loot drop rate will not change in m+ or raid.
  • play more dungeons in higher level to increase upgrade cap
  • valor comes from m+ or callings with cap.
  • pray for rng and hope to get something, then use hard earned valor point to upgrade if the item is not an upgrade or duplicate

Am I missing something or this actually just to make the rng or the vault dont render worthless loot every week? but in reality, does not dress the loot drop issue from doing pve content at all?

1 Like

Oh… that sounds interesting :cow:

1 Like

Is there any reason as to why we haven’t been given a breakdown of the covenant / Lego changes?

Trying to avoid a mass systematic panic?

Purely conjecture on my behalf … But at the same time - how can we provide the feedback if we aren’t aware of what we should be testing?

1 Like

Whatever Blizz decide to do, new meaningful content needs to be added a lot more frequently (story and so on) then what you did in BFA.

And half an hour worth of story progression is nothing, even if you time gate that content to last for 5 months. That’s not a large content patch, even though Blizz would claim it is.

Also, please fix the covenant callings caches, so that they actually reward something worthwhile, and not just pure junk and bag clutter, like they are rewarding now.

1 Like

I’m astonished that this is happening before 9.1!

And delighted :slight_smile:

I… may have been overly cynical in some previous posts.

Perhaps not without justification based on past experience, but in this case, I am wrong, surprised, and pleased. The devs have earned a cookie.

2 Likes

This mythic change doesn’t affect me in the slightest as I’m not a PvE player but I must say well done Blizzard.

I’m really excited for you guys

I’m really curious about the covenant and leggo changes though. I was planning to finally leave Kyrian but now I’m going to have to wait.

1 Like

:cow: :cowboy_hat_face:

This does not help at all with drop rates I have no idea why you guys are celebrating

2 Likes

The drop rates won’t be any different from aquiring gear via conquest points.

Actually since M dungeons are spammable, you actually have better chances of gearing up. Add to that the valor upgrades, I’d say it will be great.

ye ye i see this is what we all wanted but let us not forget that this is still blizzard… will the valor points be accountbound? will you have to get KSM on the char you want to upgrade on or is it atleast seen as accountwide unlock? what is the cap going to look like if i dont farm it on a chaf for a few weeks? is it going to decay or accumulate like conquest? so many hooks that need to be dodged here in order to make this not a wasted opportunity, although i am happy to see you actually bringing in what i was advocating for since uldir… 220 ilvl seems kinda low for me,

HOW ABOUT a token in your vault once a week, which lets you upgrade one keystone item to the ilvl you would normally get from that vault option? so f.e 226 for a 14-15key??? that would be great

1 Like

Can’t upgrade gear if it doesn’t drop in the first place, this helps nothing

6 Likes

ye play the game “buddy” then it will drop, miss me with that whining

7 Likes

Read what I said earlier. It will be a major change. I get a good conquest piece every two weeks. You can get a lot more from mythic plus and you have the valor to upgrade them.

I don’t see any major issues.

1 Like

But it doesn’t address drop rates I stand by what I said, if the gear doesn’t drop it doesn’t help anything

According to my ATT, I’m currently missing about 1-2 items from each instances, so it certainly doesn’t take a year to get what you want.