PC. Laptop for shadownlads. Value for money

So thinking of getting new “hardware” for playing in shadowlands.

The options I see are
-Spend 500 euros for new pc ( I have monitor 21 inches)
-Spend 500 euros for second hand pc of some richer guy :slight_smile:
-Spend 750 euros for new laptop (willing to spend bit more for laptop)
-Spend 750 euros for second hand laptop

I want to play shadowlands with medium to high settings and also withstand one more expansion (with settings dropping to medium).

What will you pick?
Regards
Alex

Expansions usually don’t noticeably increase recommended hardware requirements.

The problem with PCs right now is lack of any sane GPU in stock which inflates prices to absurd levels. GTX 1660 may cost 500 or more EUR :frowning:

Laptops - availability is better but in the end you can argue about pricing.

Right now there could be some laptops new like Lenovo Legion 5 - GTX 1660 / 1660 Ti with Intel 10750H or Ryzen 4600/4800H on sale/acceptable prices :wink:

So u can not have any reasonable you for 150 euros?

GPU prices are all over the place and very dynamic. If low tier GPU stocks improves, mining collapses then prices will be back to normal.

But do I need powerful cpu and not really good gpu?

For WoW you need 4+ core modern CPU with good clocks. The game itself doesn’t really scale past 4 cores right now. As for the GPU even a basic one will do for medium settings. Larger resolution or higher settings in zones like Ardenweald will require at least a mid-range GPU.

So then that gives me hope to get just an ok gpu, 100 euros range or so. Spend 150 for cpu and the rest for memory and disk

Hm… with current shortages that can be tricky. I would say - check pre-build systems - usually there is less overprice on full systems - either used or new.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.