PCU Discussion, Questions and Views

Pretty weak argument. For all I am concerned, everything that is plausible (=not possible) within the boundaries of the lore goes, really. Blizzard’s lore is paper thin at some places, especially the lore about the daily life of the people in towns and cities.

And PCU is just a RP forum as far as I know. I don’t really get how people can -hate- something that is basically just a couple of guilds working together to provide RP for the realm…

People tend to defend something they’re apart of, since as I said, people who aren’t involved in wow-politics get harassed when in the PCU sadly. I just hope really drop the PCU hate thing at some point and just accept that we’re all here to have fun and create a fun roleplaying environment

9 Likes

why on earth did you make this thread, saying you did your research, when you haven’t even read the main PCU one about the community itself

This is getting a bit silly tbh

As has been said in this thread, there was actually a relatively strict rule on how many yells PCU members were meant to do (1 in 15 minutes i believe) at max. Sadly, we can not control beyond that (legally).

yeah that’s unfortunate i agree but it’s also something that, as you said, isn’t really right to blame on us.

Big RP events are a cool thing and blizzard’s servers not being able to handle people just existing in the same place is a shortcoming on their end rather than a mis-step on ours.

3 Likes

Reckful event brought lag and no one complained. All is matter of perspective and bias it seems.

Hey, I apologised for that single outburst earlier, which again, doesn’t feature my less annoyed, simple ask of limiting the amount of yells per second. I got annoyed, yelled and I am in the wrong in that reaction. I am sorry on that and wanted to bring up discussion, not ‘how you should run things’ or such. These were genuine concerns, queries and so on from myself and those I know.

I’m sorry if you felt like I was being rude/acting in bad faith towards you directly, it wasn’t my intent with this post. I get you being defensive as there’s a lot of hate towards you, which I even stated after seeing it on here, I’m against, since I saw how generally you AIM to improve RP, which is a good thing and something I support.

I hope that clears some of it up, some of your guild members have thankfully answered a few of my queries and directed me to the proper course of action I should take but I feel like I should just leave it with how you seem to have taken offense from my admittedly rambly post. As I said in my last two posts, I’m gonna delete the thread, just clarifying there was no Ill will here on this post and I’m gonna leave things at that after I delete the thread, I just hope my apologies and clarifications are seen before I do, and glad I got some answers and discussion from some here at least. All the best.

I wish this were true. There were actually a tonne of people in trade chat asking people to ban those causing the lag.

My faith in humanity dwindled quite substantially that day.

I miss when it took a massive RPPvP battle to cause lag.

Now enough people in one spot using /s seems to make the zone server chug and it breaks when there’s more than one raid doing stuff.

1 Like

But not on forums. This is the thing. Trade chat is literaly something I disable wheneveR I make new character. Forums are read regularly. Why complain about one and not the other on forum. Can we complain about lack of high heels and proper feet armor for cloth users? I am tired of wearing socks

I hope you had read my post earlier as well.

Then you may do so I believe.

If you wish further clarification and discussion on things related, despite the toxic attitude earlier, I am willing to discuss related matters in discord DMs on when you close this thread.
Allennicus#8393

3 Likes

I realised unlike other games forums I can’t downright delete a thread and all it’s replies. I put a huge disclaimer at the very top explaining and briefly putting details I should have originally included such as my IC experience that had angered me prior to looking into things more.

Thanks for the offer but I think for now I will leave things, I’m glad some of my queries got answered, that I got to apologise for my in game yell from when I was angry, and some discussion was had inbetween all the chaos. I don’t know if you wanna keep your Discord tag available in this thread knowing I can’t delete it, but I just thought I’d let you know in case you’d want to remove it or not and let the thread die or such is all! Apologies, thanks and all the best though!

This entire post is a failed attempt at upvotes.

3 Likes

Afraid not. I don’t really care for the forums much by had some queries and concerns on things which have been answered by some now. And some stuff I’d hoped would be discussed in a more civil manner to try quell hatred people in the community have against one another, based on whether their guild is in the ‘PCU’ or not.

Sorry you think that I care for upvotes but frankly, I don’t, I rarely use the forums as it is.

2 Likes

These hot takes have been happening for years. Nobody wants toxicity, but fence-sitting will get a chilly response either way. Bothsides have made their stances and opinions clear. But for real, Perroy would talk to you if you DM him your concerns.

You’ll find replies from within the PCU to be short and to the point as people generally have been fielding the same responses to the same regurgitated talking points, most of which are baseless; so there’s an obvious weariness to the whole thing.

Hopefully you have gained some insight, and in the future will put more effort into not taking everything people tell you at face value, and do your own research.

If you did receive whispers as you claim, it will be taken seriously - if they came from people outside the PCU there’s not much the leadership can do about it, but if you talk to Perroy or one of the officers they will listen.

4 Likes

Don’t mind nor care for the PCU itself. It has goods and bads as does everything. Toxic people and lovely people alike. Just like any other community. Have had a few friends in it, many more outside of it. I prefer not to get involved with such things for personal reasons (as seen by the forums and attitudes in the past) - We don’t get along as most think the worst it seems. But does that mean I dislike a community? No. It means I see individuals as individuals as people should do. PCU has toxic butts and nice ones. Judge on the individual, not the community name. In the end this is all stupid and blown outta proportion. It’s just yet another community. Who cares? Get involved, don’t get involved. Nobody should care about another player’s time.

3 Likes

Yeah no problem it’s cool

1 Like

Folks just…Enjoy the RP content given to you made by the PCU or anyone. I dont care if you are a PCU, i dont care if you are in a PCU guild or if you are NOT of the PCU Community. To me, you still a RPer who wanna have fun, make content, connect and RP.

The PCU is just a community for people to join to get a stronger and most likely a stable connection to find content created by a large deal of DMs. Thats it…

Have the PCU had its bad moments? Well yes…Im not gonna lie i have had my weird what the heck moments with PCU. (Remember a special time in the Grizzly Hills i was Organizing Peers at Perroy)

But except that, i have ALSO had fun with them and i know a few individuals in it that are amazing lot, super fun people and also holds a great passion for creating RP Content.
If we gonna talk about toxic? Then all i can say both sides have shown it. All i see is hate breeding hate and sometimes from both sides it is unfair and not right.

And take to mind, they are a big community in their own right trying to look over a +100 players, you really think all Individuals in their community will just be perfectly nice and that automaticly reflects on the whole PCU? Its like saying for example that i had a bad encounter with some random AD Rper and i will then say “Oh…ALL Rpers on AD are bad just cause this one person is toxic.”
About Lorebreaking? We are Rpers…Legit EVERYTHING we do, our characters are lorebreaking cause they legit dont exist in Wow. All the campaigns the community of AD create are lorebreaking if we are going to be serious. RP is ment to create something through the established lore given to us, evolve it, shape it without affecting the world to much in its main core design. I just saw this riot as another way of content given to us through, IN TRUTH, the lore given to us through the CURRENT established lore following up to Shadowlands. The PCU was just smart to take initiative.
The Riot itself? Loved it, had a blast. Other Rpes was created through the riot like a attempt to infiltrate the Cathedral crypt.

And about getting into the feel of the riot or its back story? Now we must be logical here…I doubt the PCU can impliment over +500 random RPers into a own personal interactive story of the riots. What i heard is that this riot WAS built upon from their side and have been spreading it across the city for a while. If you were not the one picked for a little talk with those “Charity Riot building individuals” bad luck. They cant poke everyone!
And i must agree now with the PCU. Please everyone, dont burst out in anger or think to make it a big deal on forums and hell even community like Discords. Just get evidence, poke Perroy or any other of the PCU officers/admins, give them your complains with PROOF and keep it at that. Easy ^^
That is all for me. I am a pro RP having fun content seeking fellow. Your friendly AD RPer :DDD

10 Likes

After returning to WoW after finishing university a couple of months ago I did jump on the anti-PCU bandwagon and did make some negative remarks on the forums about a few of their members. It’s easy to get sucked up in all that as well especially if you don’t have much context.

Although it was chaotic, I did attend the event and had some enjoyable encounters with PCU characters and non-PCU characters. However, what disappointed me the most and I won’t name the guilds/players here, were those who were going out of their way to troll and derail the event and ruin the atmosphere for everyone. This especially annoyed me as some of the characters undermining, trolling and ruining the atmosphere were the same people who painted the PCU in a negative light to me on my return and told me to ignore them. To me this came across as entirely toxic behaviour, where said ‘roleplayers’ were willing to destabilise and ruin an event for everyone because of their obsessive hatred for the PCU.

So in terms of the disruption, excessive yelling and spam, I can honestly say it came from outside of the PCU and I witnessed this myself. I must admit too this was a bit of an eye-opener for me, the PCU has faults like any community, but it really annoyed me to see so-called victims of the PCU’s ‘ostracism’ and ‘bullying’ go out of there way to destabilise a roleplaying event that was accessible for everyone. People still gave up their time and effort to organise and plan this and it’s truly sad that some people had to make it more difficult without even giving it a chance.

I’ve probably gone on for long enough, but I mean it when I say the PCU weren’t the ones causing the problems and disturbances in Stormwind tonight. And if I could give you any advice: whilst it’s good to criticise, try and keep an eye on what’s taking place around you, I did and it was apparent who the troublemakers were.

18 Likes

Yes, I can acknowledge this. The time I was online (5min) I saw literally hate-messages towards the PCU. The lag was awful, similar to Asmongold’s and Taliesin’s event.