PCU Discussion, Questions and Views

They are most certainly not introverted. It is a fantastic community that even seeks to include as many beginners as possible, aslong as they adhere to simple rules, we are more than willing to teach anyone the ropes of RP.

That’s how I got started.

People don’t owe you their time, we all pay the same subscription.

That’s good to hear. Maybe I should give them a chance if I get back into roleplaying.

What’s this even supposed to mean?
Real quick, hold up: Try and imagine that I’m not saying you’re wrong and I’m right, for a second.

It means that you can’t force someone to interact or RP with you.

ok and what makes you think I’m trying to force people to rp with me?

What else could this mean?

i think instead you just got seen as someone who’s taking a hobby too seriously and people liked posts that they, well, like. That’s a thing people do. One might even say that’s what likes are designed for.

no not really lol it’s just a hobby group.

7 Likes

We’ll only refuse to RP with blatant ERPers and people who spend time of their every week to slander us on forums/twitter/reddit. If you are neither of that, get in and enjoy what we offer to both our guildies and AD as a whole.

7 Likes

quite a few things if you weren’t antagonistically inclined towards me.
I was part of that guild that didn’t want to roleplay with other communities on the server. Look at where Defias Brotherhood is now. I didn’t have any immediate interest in other guilds on the server myself such as that dwarf guild that migrated here to AD, but recognizing that staying in your own little bubble can’t be healthy for too long isn’t bad, and has nothing to do with wanting to force others.

I’m willing to consider that I may very well be wrong in my impression about “PCU” on all the points I’ve made, but you aren’t helping my impression right now. No reason to respond this way to a bit of light criticism. I didn’t call PCU a cult btw.

Might be so - but it’s not like the criticism and concerns weren’t unwarranted. I have seen some of my opinions in this topic today as well. They really need to step their game up, even for a hobby group.

I think you know perfectly well what tone you’re setting with:

What do you think the point is of an event like this, or a campaign like we recently had in Stranglethorn? We set up open events that anyone can get in on and be a part of. Again, we’re not nearly bubbled as people want think, largely because we’re forced to go out to dispell a constant stream of accusations.

5 Likes

i instead think that dunking on someone who thinks it’s really cool to :poop:talk a group and then turn around as if it never happened is, as the kids say, based and redpilled.

The ones that need to step their game up here aren’t us, chief.

yeah they are considering no1’s paying us, we aren’t selling a product or service, nor do we hold any actual authority.

We owe no one any transparency (but do provide it readily with a thread where anyone can ask a question and get a relatively quick answer).

7 Likes

Jesus christ, there’s no reasoning with you.

No, you are deadset on viewing everything I say as direct criticism of PCU, that isn’t my fault. I’m making direct mentions of reference community I come from to make you understand how and why I might look at the PCU the way I do.

except it is because you’re unsubtly just calling the PCU a cult LOL

come on gamer just say you kinda slipped up in your analogies there and start over

I hope the OP won’t mind if I don’t pass views on the PCU as such, but ask a question of the anti-PCU people who like to make themselves so vocal.

Why do you find the need to constantly make posts, get in the face of players in game or on forums and discords that are part of the PCU? Don’t you realise that the main core of the PCU find you a big joke because all you are doing is making yourselves look like vicious, whining fools?

I’m an officer in one of the guilds the PCU are against, Do we find it necessary to keep making posts about how bad the PCU, claiming we have screenshots of terrible behave etc etc, no.

It’s really this simple, we, as a guild, do our best to stay out of the way of any PCU events so there is no drama. Sometimes we bump into each other as guilds and both sides just carry on with their own RP. Are we whispering each other with vile comments? No. I myself have even tried to keep right out of the way of any possible event screenshots they might be taking, as I can imagine having a greencoat in shot could be damn annoying to some of the PCU. Have they told me to? No. Has Perroy bombarded me with rude messages? No.

It’s live and let live. I’ve butted heads with Perroy and a few of his closest buddies many times in the past. These days we are just polite if we have to be for the main part, but really we have very little to say to each other.

If you don’t like the PCU, for whatever reason, then just go do your own thing and let them get on with theirs. If you are being whispered as some claim with nasty comments, just report it and put the player on ignore, something that takes a few clicks of a keyboard and mouse.

The anti-PCU people that post on every alt under the sun that they have, make wild accusations they can’t back-up…what are you trying to achieve, that would be my question?

Apologies for rambling on, but I’m so sick and tired of all this school playground behaviour. You’re not doing anything to make AD better, you’re not succeeding at anything except making yourself look like a complete nutcase. It’s a game, a hobby, you’d have a lot more fun if you just get on with your own RP and stop moaning about what the PCU community are doing.

Oh and COAD, if you are reading…please don’t use any more of my comments on your page, taking things out of context may make for hilarious reading, but I doubt many are taking your page seriously these days.

25 Likes

So much for not being antagonizing. Don’t get me wrong, I can tell that you’re passionate about all of this but it doesn’t help the cause. I’ll refrain from posting anything related to the PCU for now, we can’t have a civil discussion about it without remarking hissy fits like “chief” here.

Except I didn’t. But ok, just go ahead and further solidify an outsider’s negative perspective on you.

I think when we’re getting attacked constantly over making public events, something you personally seem to be a supporter of, considering you weren’t appreciative of a guild not playing ball, you can imagine why there’s little patience for petty insults.

It’s not unreasonable for us to be defensive of the RP we do and try to create, is it?

I have not attacked your public events a single time. Are you getting me mixed up with others?