[PCU] Gnome RP - Assemblage of Uld 🔧

Its so good to see a proper gnome guild again I might actually hop onto my gnome and give you guys a shout.

2 Likes

You’re always welcome, Kump.

Thanks, anyone online can point you in the right direction.

1 Like

It’s always good to see more guild options for Gnome RP’ers on our server.

And always great with people promoting and creating opportunities for Gnome RP to happen as a whole.

Has been lacking for a while, but hopefully the new partly Gnome themed patch will see a new influx of Gnome RP’ers, that will be able to sustain the new guilds popping up, and hopefully it will have a more lasting effect, overall giving a much needed boost to Gnome RP on our server on a more long term perspective.

I wish you the best of luck, seems like an interesting concept.

Well, actually there already are a few viable options for active Gnome RP guilds.

A lot of minor Gnome themed guilds have been popping up lately, and then there are The Gnomish Air Corps, that also popped up fairly recently and who seem to be quite successful, and The Arclight Association, that has been going strong for a couple of years by now.

One of the server’s big old Gnomish guilds Gnomish Rescue Squad does in fact also still exist, even if there hasn’t been much real RP activity going on there for quite a while, outside of the big annual memorial service in New Tinkertown that they host.

10 Likes

Guilds that presumably have their own recruitment threads where they can advertise said guilds

21 Likes

They do have their own recruitment threads, but this truly wasn’t meant as an aggressive attempt to compete with your guild in any possible way, neither was it meant as an attempt to derail the thread, it was an answer to a poster that seemed to be of the perception that there wasn’t other viable options, where I then found it appropriate to mention those other options, in the name of giving off correct information, and not least making that specific poster aware of them.

Hopefully this won’t take members away from your guild, as, as I said, I really wish you the best of luck, and think your guild is a great initiative.

I at least certainly hope your intention with this guild is cooperation and peaceful coexistence, rather than aggressive competition, to expand the options for Gnome RP on our server, rather than an attempt to limit it, and to contribute to the Gnome RP community, rather than fighting it.

Hopefully more Gnome guilds will make Gnome RP more attractive to people and result in more members for all Gnome guilds.

I am a friend, not an enemy, and I apologize if my initial post came off otherwise.

24 Likes

Oh my Loa, they’re even Arguing in the style of Gnomes!

7 Likes

I don’t really mind what the intention was, I think it is weird to go off-topic in a thread to advertise your own guild

I don’t think you’d like it if the reverse was done

I am sure the poster is able to access the same forums as you & I and probably knows of the other options in one way or another

It won’t, but as they say it is the thought that counts

I don’t really believe in racial communities in that sense - there is just the roleplay community and of course that’s something I’d like this guild to gel well with

Yeah

OK

4 Likes

I mean, “Its so good to see a proper gnome guild again” could be taken as not knowing that there are, in fact, a fair few Gnome guilds around.

Or it could be taken as backhanded commenting, soooo… take a pick? :stuck_out_tongue:
But, yes, more non-Blizzard-style-jokey-whacky-haha Gnome guilds can only be a good thing!

8 Likes

[quote=“Luigi-argent-dawn, post:27, topic:59004, full:true”]I don’t really mind what the intention was, I think it is weird to go off-topic in a thread to advertise your own guild

I don’t think you’d like it if the reverse was done[/quote]

Then you and I have a different perception on that matter (and I wasn’t really advertising for the guild I am in, I was mentioning the options for other Gnome guilds, which the guild I am in happens to include, as an answer to a specific post).

I found it natural to mention, and would think the same if someone informed someone who didn’t seem to be aware about other viable options in my guild thread.

Especially if they started out with wishing me good luck and called my guild a great initiative, as I actually did.

Not only that, I would even gladly direct someone who inquired about my guild in my guild thread to another guild, if it seemed to be more fitting for the kind of RP they were looking for.

I guess you just have to take my word for that I had absolutely no ill intentions with doing it, even if that might seem strange from your perspective, and that I really do wish you the best of luck with your guild.

Now, I perfectly understand why you would be protective about your new guild, it’s only natural, but in my opinion aggressive/hostile competition between guilds damage the RP community as a whole more so than it does it any good, and in the end the guilds them self, since they obviously are a part of and dependent on that community.

I am genuinely sad that you took my initial post this way, but it seems you and I have a very different perception on things, still I hope we will be able to look past that, if we at some point should get the opportunity to RP together, guild related or otherwise.

And can we then please get back to topic!:

Check out Assemblage of Uld, they offer a new exiting opportunity for your Gnome to join a Gnome themed guild with an interesting and quite unique concept.

4 Likes

You probably could have just mentioned there are other gnome guilds about. Throwing the names in there did feel a bit like a strange attempt of recruiting whether intentional or not.

On another note, good luck!

5 Likes

Another guild of inferior- I mean infernal- I mean inspired Gnomes for us to do ‘intellectual’ battle against, hooray!

4 Likes

I would like to throwout the response that I don’t agree with everything Bertel has said. Obviously, opinions differ on the subject and I welcome a new gnomish guild on the scene. I don’t think it needs to devolve into a state of arguing over which style of RP is better, as there are more than enough guilds to share and suit each others needs without derailing the thread any further.

6 Likes

Always nice to see more gnomes around!
Wish you luck with this!

3 Likes

Had a lovely time roleplaying with my Gnomish compatriots this evening.

Tomorrow we depart for Tinker Town to collect some high-end equipment for our future operations.

Join today, experience the ancient tombs and catacombs of our creators.

5 Likes

FOOLS! Sicco Thermaplugg shall send you all to Sovngarde! USURPERS

4 Likes

Based and also redpilled

Really enjoyed the events so far with the guild! especially the player - npc role events! very cool! if you’re looking for something new to try out in roleplay, why not give us a shout!

1 Like

Too many gnomes around lately.

1 Like

And a bunch of Usurpers!

very childish of you to disrupt roleplay thinking you’re even remotely funny

8 Likes