People only play this for the reward

Blizz failed. This isn’t fun for the majority of players. If not for the rewards 80% of the people wouldn’t play this.

36 Likes

You’re right.
Blizzard knows nobody would play this if not for the rewards. That’s why they decided to hold 3 pets, 3 mounts, 11 weapon cosmetics and 3 transmog sets hostage behind a long grind. The forced pvp is there so that people die quickly and have to constantly requeue in order to get ranks. This will make the engagement numbers look good.

If this had been fun, a wall of rewards wouldn’t have been necessary. Blizzard knows this and the strategic model used here is nothing but predatory preying on FOMO.

24 Likes

And your data source is?

I do play it 99% for the reward.
I do find it rather fun.
But this grind overstays its welcome
<= 30 Renown atm

4 Likes

Yeah pretty much, I avoid people to get my plunder up ASAP and then just either AFK when attacked or run into the storm so I can rejoin again for another quest.

6 Likes

blind much?

1 Like

Puny how tf did you get everything so fast? Did you play through the night??

I do not see Puny in this thread

He’s replying

I think the reception is mixed.

If you get past the whole, people were expecting the patch to be in the actual game and why do we have to grind another mode for rewards in the actual game, then you are left with people who like Battle Royales vs those who don’t.

I firmly fall into the strong dislike of PvP or BR and I purely did this grind asap for the rewards. I am unlike to step foot in the mode again. I do not care for either FoS.

I think had this been launched as just a game mode with no ties to rewards in the wow game and expectations were managed better so that we didn’t expect it to be something in Wow then the reception would have been better.

The renown would have needed to be stuff in that game mode like unlocking skins as you play, more of a fortnite approach. The costumes you choose should also stick and not need resetting each match etc.

Obviously tying the rewards in to the main game is what will boost the initial participation but the whole event is time limited so I’m not sure it needed it.

15 Likes

I played for mog, i hate royales and dont waste my sub fir a royale.

The amount of teasing we had leading upto thus is why most like myself are unhappy with blizzard

18 Likes

I think if this rewarded Honour or Conquest it might tempt in players who normally don’t PVP as it is a more casual friendly version of PVP.
I do think that the real wow rewards “forcing” non pvpers in here isn’t great.

2 Likes

No that’s your bias blinded you.

When could talk about this again when you will be a data analyst at Blizzard.

Sure buddy, whatever you say. looking around here all I see is positivity for sure. Oh yeah same on reddit, oh yeah same ingame. /s

1 Like

Strange completely different from what I see in game.

Plus this board is not accountable at all since by group effect you are just reinforcing your bias thinking wrongly that everyone agrees with you.

Putting my personal opinion aside, taking a look at the forum page of this game mode does paint a certain picture. Go take a look and see how the playerbase feels about this mode.

The 50 people that are complaining here on the forums plus the probably the 100/200 on Reddit? (Don’t know since I avoid it)

Sure you are a significant sample over a user base of probably 1/2 millions player.

so where are all the positive threads then? Stop reaching and just admit the event isn’t liked, jesus…

3 Likes

They don’t need to post since they are doing a thing different than complaining…playing the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, 100%.
At least I am only playing for reward, and at first I wasn’t going to cause I hated the game so much…
… but now I even earned one win! This old gal still got it :smiley:
— Game is still poopa tho.

1 Like