Personal Blacklist Addon?

I just wondered how this works around the Social Contract which deems people to basically be nice to other players when the very essence of this addon is to promote toxicity towards other players.

LOL a friend was telling about new addon “Personal Blacklist” for people who leave keys before finishing I think this is getting a bit too far now… lol, So the type of people who will whine and moan and most likely to leave a failing key now get an addon to list people even more toxic than themselves lol

And without knowing why the person quit the key I feel this is a bit much. I do not PUG mostly so it doesn’t affect me personally because of that but it feels a bit weird to me is all.

Also could the addon be against the TOS of the Social Contract ? Because keeping a list of “Blacklisted players” could be considered Abusive Behaviour? As it feels like the players are taking the law into their own hands instead of petitioning blizzard to do something about leavers.

Also with the addon you know people will end up listing people “Low DPS”, or “Didn’t know special route”, or some other arbituary reason which is not actually relevant to the actual addons use.

Just a thought.

Whilst I agree that Blizzard should punish M+ key leavers without knowing the actual reason why they left (IE… Family Emergency or Ragequit) this list of people to purposefully exclude feels a bit like online bullying.

A default punishments of an account wide Dungeon ban of 30 mins might fix it “So no going to dungeon on an alt whilst your main is dungeon locked” and for every consecutive key quit (Leave before timer is done) + 30 mins and this resets every 24 hrs.

There is no really accurate way to punish m+ leavers and I can understand how frustrating it is as I feel this is mainly aimed at DPS players who have waited 40 mins to get into a dungeon just to have the tank pull too much die and then leave the group to instantly get into a new group without any actual punishment meanwhile the DPS is left to try find a new group for 30+ mins.

As stated it doesnt affect me too much as I pug very little and when I do its usually quite low keys i pug < 10 so you tend not to get too many players who ragequit on those.

On a final note wont it just “thin” out the pool of players that people will play with ultimately? lol

This is a very good direction, and it should especially be used for raiding with ML being in the game. I think I need to install the addon tbh

So let me ask you if you join a 15 key and you see someone pulling say 10k DPS and the rest are all doing 35k , Would you add them to your list ?

“keeping a list of “Blacklisted players” could be considered Abusive Behaviour”

:zipper_mouth_face:

He is afraid of social consequences, when screwing others over hard, but this is 100% what the game needs to go back to its roots.

We should actually organize a huge discord, where we confirm blacklists and then share a string, which we can import into the addon to be able to avoid people, who ruin dungeons or ninja items

1 Like

Afraid of social consequences or just afraid?

My logic here is in order to get a spot on the blacklist a person would already have be “detrimental” in some way.

And once you establish that, it frees you from the nonexistant social stigma of blocking tf out of anyone that is a mouthbreather.

2 cents

1 Like

Why do you assume someone who is whining about leaving players would leave themselves?
Personally I think it’s a really good idea. Everyone have the right to ignore others when their behaviour affects you negatively. And basically this addon doesn’t even effect you in any way. Unless you are one of those players whose behaviour actually validates the existence of said addon.

1 Like

Is this a strictly personal list or a shared list of shame? Cause if it is the latter, it can have issues with the naming and shaming clauses of the ToS.

Otherwise, personal player list addons have existed since forever

Isn’t this only for the forums? Ofc I can go in a discord and say “insert edgy name dh player from realm kazzak insulted the group, bc nobody kicked on the first trash pack and then left the dungeon” with proof/screenshots. It’s kinda exactly what the m+ pug scene needs tbh

If the social media has taught us anything , is that it will be abused.

1 Like

In classic people are doing this now for 4 years and it works

This is putting the cart infront of the horse tbh…

How would you assure the legitimacy of entries to the list?

The quality of tthe criteria would have to be almost impeccable, because if the addon proliferated it would effectively gatekeep significant areas of the game away from a certain % of players (not just toxic ones, but slower ppl would find themselves there)

Thanks for the info. Downloading it right now.
Can’t wait to blacklist the entire Kazzak realm!!!

1 Like

In classic the community is much more closed and small. It is the equivalent of a small town, where people who know each other will see and know others better.

The cross server scale of retail is something international in comparison.
I worry that people will treat it just like they treat votekicks: comply without even reading or looking at the context.

1 Like

This is what I am talking about who would deem what is “acceptable” to be added to this list, I have seen people adding people for “leaving group before formed” , " low dps", “failing to do mechanics” all of these are very tenous reasons for blacklisting someone.

People would start blacklisting people who they deem to be of lesser skill than themselves not just for leaving keys.

Its my time and I should be able to decide the people i want to spend it with. Addon would just help. If I wasnt running premade only i would get it. If you ruin it in the list you go.

now this would promote abuse of trying to ruin game for people you dont like by adding to group blacklist, group lists are bad idea

How exactly is having a private list of people I don’t want to play with toxic or abusive behavior? The only difference between the addon and keeping a handwritten list is that the addon checks the list automatically.

And yes, it does thin out the pool of players, but that is the entire point. Why play with people you didn’t like playing with in the past?

Personally I’d only block people who can’t work as a team and haven’t figured out how to communicate without name calling. Or people who I find too annoying to deal with again… like a guy who kept using Leap of Faith on me on cooldown even after I asked him to stop because it was making me feel dizzy. Why was he using it? Idk, the only things I can think of is that I was running two steps behind the rest of the group because I like to loot my mob or he was doing just for the funny hahas.

Sure, great idea. I’ll just whip something up in photoshop and get all your alts blacklisted.

Bulletproof system that cant be messed with. :man_shrugging:

Reading through some replies I’m merely wondering what is the actual problem, i.e. root cause.

BC dungeons were about medium difficulty. You needed some gear but not the best. You needed some skill but not the pinnacle.

Most runs were fine, but occasionally someone would leave. Most of the time they would state the reason. No fuss.

I had one party where everyone had about 20% of the expected damage. I’m not sure what happened, did we give it up or kept going. There was no drama, though.

Sometimes we get a run that just doesn’t work. I’ve been the culprit twice, first trying to do MGT normal on my healer but losing the entire team in 5 seconds, second getting splat by the Dark Portal endboss. Both times we apologized and learned our lesson - albeit on my end it was a bit harsh, I couldn’t find upgrades so I stopped entirely, prepatch on the horizon.

WLK leveling is-was the same.

Point is, maybe the M+ system has some flaws. Keys expiring, breaking. People wanting to win 100% in a system where you shouldn’t, because rewards are mandatory or whatever. I don’t know.

Disbanding is normal, sometimes. This whole game (and genre) is about pushing the limits, whether it’s PvP rank or PvE key. Everybody should accept that, and Blizzard shouldn’t create systems which cause people to go mental about it.

Sure, a disappointed message may fly, i.e. time was wasted, but it shouldn’t be a long term problem. Granted I would remember the guys in such runs so as to not disappoint them (or myself) again, but the memory fades soon enough.

A roundabout point, I know, but this addon only exists because people approach the game wrong. Me thinks.

I was running a 12 Ruby Life Pools with 3 DPS and my tank premade group we pugged the healer and we were on top circle of RLP with 10 minutes left, Healer died 6 times then quit the group, Now why did he quit the group, He said nothing and even when I messaged him he said nothing so should I add him to a list of people not to play with, According to this addon I should add him instantly but I won’t as I do not know the reason he left, I like to give people more than one chance to prove themselves as a “habitual” M+ leaver but a lot of players do not have the same patience as me.

Whatever happened to actually getting to know someone before blacklisting them ? Like it seems WoW has become this game of expendable player base where making actual connections with player’s is no longer a necessity which in turn has created this “throw away” mentality of players.

Also you get players of lesser skill who get carried by their team mates through higher keys but believe they are the sole reason they got through yet they were 10k behind the rest of the DPS so when they get into a group who is not doing the same amount of DPS then you fail the key or it wont be in time due to the overall group not performing as well as a previous group.

There is too many variables in the game for their to be an accurate list is all I am saying and I wonder how the addon interacts with the social contract is all.