Pet Battle queue broken

Hey there,

The queue system is bugged. Together with my wife, we tried doing pet battles today. Although we are sitting next to each other and both have 25 level pet teams…

• She gets a fight every 10-30 seconds
  • I’m sitting in queue for the last 20 minutes.

I tried resetting the queue, reloading, reloading and in total I spent around 1.5h without a fight.

This is ridiculous. Please fix this.

2 Likes

The PvP queues are not fit for purpose.

They may have made sense once, back in Mists, perhaps. They have been dysfunctional singe Legion, at least. There are sometimes simple glitches in which the queue seems to forget you, which you can sometimes work around simply by dropping out and requeueing, or at worst by logging out and back in again. That’s probably just an occasional bug.

We believe there are anti-wintrading mechanisms in place. Blizz do not comment on them.

We, pet battlers generally, believe that players are sorted into Pet PvP Battlegroups based on the realm on which you made your first character. You will be matched only against people in your battlegroup. Yes, I know how that sounds, but there is evidence for it. But we have no confirmation. There could be other factors as well; we don’t know for sure.

Did you and your wife make your first characters on different realms?

Late one night - in WoD or Legion, I think - someone came to the Discord saying that someone was using a broken team in the queue. So I went with him to try and see if I could match up against this broken team. I tried different alts - nothing. The guy who was complaining, meanwhile, was getting instant match-ups against the same team every time he queued.

With the scarcity of people queueing in certain pet battlegroups, the queue divisions themselves constitute a system problem.

1 Like

Nope, we both started playing on the same server. Also reloading didn’t work. We had dinner and the same problem appeared… but for her.

Also the anti-win trading mechanism doesn’t make sense, because we sometimes got matched to some random person multiple times in a row, having multiple wins.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you ever get matched against each other?

Getting matched against the same person over and over is sadly very common, mostly because there are so few people in the queue that there may be only one or ywo in a battlegroup.

But if you’re both in the same battlegroup, I have no explanation for why she was matched, but you weren’t, and vice versa.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.