Pet battles are the most underrated content in the game

Some of the best fun I ever had in WoW was collecting all 4 celestial being pets and hunting the Unborn Val’kyr…

1 Like

The only reasonable use of a mobile app would be for PvP.

PvE is all about being in the world, finding the pets to capture, or going to the zones for the quests, and being able to bypass all that in the name of efficiency would make pet battling in-game prohibively time-inefficient. It would kill the activity altogether.

We should do a “Steal a pet from the poster above you” thread lol

1 Like

You’re destines to fail, cause you’ll always use cat pets for everything.

1 Like

pfff, you were wrong! i surprisingly beat the first shadowlands pet wq. :smile: i think thats the first battle pet wq i ve ever won.

1 Like

Well done! But you can win lots more. :slight_smile:

This battle is up in Legion now

You may not have Bumbles, but Blottis is Aquatic, so Moth Dust and a couple of Alpha Strikes from your Moth after Ikky should do some damage to finish.

Then there’s Nameless Mystic

In BfA, we have Crab People in Drustvar

Strange Looking Dogs in Tirisgarde

or

(no point in trying to level pets in BfA tho, so you can substitute a fighting level 25 for the level 1)

You’ve Never Seen Jammer Upset in Zuldazar

Snakes On a Terrace in Voldun

(not 100% sure of that strat)

In Shadowlands today we also have Mega Bite

which is quite straightforward. The other two are a bit more complicated.

I imagine you could also bull your way through the Abhorrent Adversaries of the Afterlife achievement.

There’s an achievement for winning fights with this. Pretty tough though. But it’s a good encentive to acquire a roster of pets that will stand you in good stead. Took me a good while to achieve this.
It might be harder now then when I did it as the game has changed some abilities for some pets.

Don’t do this. Hunt the right breed, P/P or whatever.

Check the Shadowlands pet battle World Quests. They often have those stones that upgrade a pet to rare, and most (not all) of those WQs are doable with Valk+Ikky combo and others can be done with level 1 pets (though I’ve not tried this).

1 Like

This is Darkmoon Faire week and there are two pet battles there which give a ton of Darkmoon tokens, 15 a day (over 100 for the week). These can then be used to buy some good pet for battling, the Darkmoon Tonk and Zepplin for instance.

I use:
For Christoph.
Level 20ish pet to gain xp
SS Rabbit
HP Iron Starlette

For Josef.
Mech Panda Dragonling
Molten Corgi
Any pet for xp.

Team I use for darkmoon.

Eye/Tonk/Monkey.

Fel Flame/Nexus whelpling/Any 25.

Use the feel flame first. Cast the spell that changes to fire weather, then spam first ability until eye dies. When tonk takes it’s place, cast the scorch spell that hits 3 times. Spam first ability till fel flame dies.
Switch to nexus whelping. cast arcane storm. Kill tonk with tail swipe.
Arcane storm will negate the monkey’s stun.
Use the 3 auto turn ability till monkey dies. if it kills the whelpling with its falling bananas, use the 3rd to finish it off.

Squid/Pointy/Otto.

Scourged whelpling/iron starlette/mini draenic defender

Start with plagued blood after Squid opens with whirlpool.
He then casts bubble which deflects two attacks. Use death n decay first, the simply spam tail whip till squid dies. You get 65 hp returned after each attack that hits due to plagued blood which helps you survive the whirlpools and water jets
Pointy will always kill you. if he doesn’t first go, use plagued blood. Regardless if he kills you or not, on your resurrection turn where u get one turn to use before you die, use the death n decay,

Switch to iron starlette. Charge with skill number 1. Overpower. Skill number 1. Always kills pointy even if he is shielded. waste turns on otto till he kills you.
Draenic defender.
You go first. Shield. Then simply punch otto till he dies. if you’re feeling vindictive, use the ion blast at around 950hp on otto for an instant kill. As death n Decay will still be ticking for 9 rounds, it also helps with Pointy and Otto.

Do Darkmoon on an Alt. Stick on Warmode and Ride the WHEE roundabout and you’ll get over a level for the week’s battling. Just plant the alt there and you don’t need to travel either.

Omg thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.