Pet Battles - what is the point?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the point in pet battles if you get absolutely nothing for winning if your pets are level 25 and your char lvl 70? am i missing something? Thank you

Edit: pvp via the queue finder that is, obv not talking about world quests

Ah, PvP. /sigh

PvP is the red-headed stepchild of pet battles. Long, loooong story.

There is actually a weekly quest to win 10 PvP battles,

and during Pet Week the quest The Very Best

rewards a Purple boost stone for 5 wins, but the rewards are pathetic compared to regular World Quests.

You get an achievement and a Stunted Direhorn for 250 wins.

You get 11 achievements and the second-dorkiest Tabard in the game for the Family Brawler achievement.

You get an achievement and a title for 1000 wins.

You get an achievement for 5000 wins, but life’s too short, especially with the glacial pace of the queues.

Thazzit. That’s all from PvP. VERY rarely, about 1 in 100, you will get a random stone drop into your bags after a battle, but that can happen after any battle.

The real point of pet battles is: To have fun playing pet battles!

Be it if you enjoy it or not. In the end it just additonal content meant to entertain you and be enjoyable. Achivments, rewards and blizz getting money, are factors but not the goal. The goal is the only real point of the whole thing. To keep you engaged and playing, having a good time.

3 Likes

Absolutely. It’s like Pokemon, but embedded within WoW. Watching them grow and believe that they’re actually fierce is adorable.

With respect to items/currency/experience points, yeah no “point” to doing it at max level.
The people you meet in pvp pet battles are either working on achievements or just enjoy it as content.
I think it’s akin to 100% geared people continuing to play m+ or arenas, just because it’s something they habitually enjoy doing.

I don’t have the time and energy to play content anymore. Now days I only play pet battles and do anything related to collecting the pets I like.

1 Like

Pet battles: the only content that save your power level throught expansion, the pet i lvl and use on WoD is still usable 4 expansion later and 10 expansions later.
Its a cool thing to relax and do calm since u have progress throught all expansions, im gona start the satanic goat questline and will still be worth it, since that pet will be useful now

1 Like

If you use a character that isn’t level 70, it could be a fun way to level up.

It’s one of my favourite things to do in the game, together with fishing. It relaxes you and offers a break from whatever it is you’re doing. That’s the point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.