Pet delights! Community positivity thread!

Woooow! Thats smart :+1:

1 Like

Yes!!! :grinning: :laughing:

1 Like

hah, basically yes. im the blanket :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

thats okey i got a good laugh out of it though! :laughing:

1 Like

Finally after months & months of slaughtering Freza and defending the rec rig every day, Triumph of Gnomeregan vinyl dropped. Freza can rest easy and not be afraid of me any more though still need the rec rig for my last minifig

1 Like

I wonder if this is where we get the English word ‘Schmooze’ from, as that generally means ‘to be nice to people verbally.’

This evening I finished off the Horde quest lines on my alt and unlocked Zandalari Trolls. I kinda feel done with BfA now tbh.

So, next task is to pick a new race and class to level. I’m tempted by the fox, but should probably go Alliance as that’s where I have most Warmode fun.

1 Like

WoW-wise? Not really.

75 corruption gloves with Infinite Stars. Don’t want to use it because I don’t want any corruption and my cloak + essence resistance only gives me 52 resistance atm, so nope… No good drops.

Nope.

did a quick research and its yiddish and comes from shmuesn which means something like talking, chatting, hanging out from what i ve gathered.

yiddish seems to be based on high-german though.

Yiddish ([ייִדיש], [יידיש] or [אידיש], yidish or idish , pronounced [[ˈ(j)ɪdɪʃ]], lit. “[Jewish]”; in older sources ייִדיש-טײַטש Yidish-Taitsh , lit. Judaeo-German)[[3]] is the historical language of the [Ashkenazi Jews]. It originated during the 9th century[[4]] in [Central Europe, providing the nascent Ashkenazi community with a [High German]-based [vernacular] fused with elements taken from [Hebrew] and [Aramaic] as well as from [Slavic languages] and traces of Romance languages. Yiddish writing uses the [Hebrew alphabet].

so you were actually sort of right! :blush:

(man its past 11pm…what am i doing :rofl:)

1 Like

Science. For the good of all of us.

1 Like

I have been inside my happy bubble all day - drinking coffee, and drawing. Doodling makes me feel happy and zen.

1 Like

Teaching us interesting stuff we didn’t know . Thank you :slight_smile:

clicks fingers “YES!” I did some research myself as I got curious, and came to exactly the same answer! It is HochsDeutsche, or High German, which led to Yiddish, and that is where it came from!

That is…kind of lovely, that a word for a comfort blanket also means ’ to talk nicely and soothingly to people’

This is how the world works, we grow crueller, and Nicer, to each other, with every given day…

Or something?

1 Like

I love this forum!

6 Likes

me too. This forum is quite entertaining and good mind-break during 12h drawing sessions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Dear OP
Today was a good day
I remembered how much fun i had in legion
XOXOXO

I got a shiny new pair of shoes, make me feel all professional and so on :3

2 Likes

My new glasses arrived today (went to fix 'em on Saturday), and they so noice.

2 Likes

Today a friend and I decided to vary our cloak upgrade runs with some masks. So we got a few achievements done, started with two, then three and than four…

I was finally able to come back to WoW this week, after a long break. I was really starting to miss all this. For the past few days I have been happily farming clefthoof leather in Nagrand, doing dailies in Isle of Quel’Danas and enjoying all the countless, small things that WoW has to offer. Feels good to be back!

6 Likes