Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

Whoever of you responds to eachother from this point out, can we all report them for derailing the thread?

At this point I’m enjoying the insane mental gymnastics he’s having to perform so his argument holds weight. The idea that Lor’themar wasn’t addressing the player character when he speaks to you is absurd.

1 Like

Flag and/or ignore Lonecreek, and get on with your lives. This is a crud show too far people!

1 Like

:eggplant::crossed_swords::eggplant:

3 Likes

You’re repeatedly failing to provide a source showing us all that it was an NPC. Until a canon source retcons it, the canon source (ie the quest) has the player character do it.

Is English your first language? He says “you.” “You” then get the gear as a reward, as he stated you would - so clearly he was addressing the player character as the specific individual he was addressing when he said “you.”

1 Like

@Lonecreek

1 Like

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immoovable object?

:thinking:

1 Like

It doesn’t take much effort because I was able to very easily scalpel away your previous arguments without much of an effort.

• It turns out headcanon is actually necessary to facilitate rp in the first place, so it doesn’t really matter what you subjectively think as long as it’s within the box.
  • You can’t say “Oh it’s OK in this case but btw not ok in this case” without coming off as a hypocrite or just plain wrong.
  • Armorsmithing happens, replication and whatnot. Solid lore basis for that.
  • Requirements for doing the quest aren’t actually that pristine or hard, like you originally claimed. You can just be a freshly green leveled wasteman or even boosted and you could do it.

The canon source is that anybody who meets the requirements can do it, according to Blizzard. Whatever facilitation the quest takes place in is irrelevant.

“You” can be used to address both NPC’s and players alike, but the champion of silvermoon title is clearly used to adress just that person- Not “Arise, wielder of (insert x artifact), slayer of (insert bosses), commander of (insert places).”

I get suspended from the forums because I’m stubborn, that’s what :joy:

Fun Police are always stubborn : P

Atahalni, please, you should stop aswell.

I’ve invaded your and Tubri’s home and I’m not going away, sorry.

1 Like

In other cool news, I can ride in a harvest golem @ Brennadam now. Idk what the Horde outpost upgrades are.

Remember that saying about playing chess with a pigeon? I’m sure you’ve heard it before.

What part of that means it was an NPC, and not the player character, that did it?

Which NPC was he addressing at the ceremony? Why was the player character given the regalia if Lor’themar wasn’t speaking to the player character when he said he’s giving it to “you” if that “you” was not the player character?

1 Like

We get to ride the caravan with Dolly and Dot at Vol’dun…

Heritage armour related peeve: Lack of 3d pieces on the legs/shoes when not using the dress.

Also the fact that no race has any of the many in-game ‘heritage weapons’ that NPCs are using.

Also entirely unrelated, Blizz’s continued attitude towards transform toys and many other toys in general but mostly transform toys. The dark ranger costume gets removed when you enter combat, wtf is that about.

6 Likes

This confused the hell outta me when I was doing WQ’s yesterday. Thing just battered in the rocks nearby.

The Nightborne phase-sword thing is insanely cool and I don’t see why they didn’t give us it with heritage gear. But, they finally added nelf glaives after over a decade of us wanting it - and only DHs can use it. The peeve-iest.

2 Likes

Because only the Champion of Suramar could wield them lmaoo

7 Likes

Except it’s used by dozens of generic Nightborne npcs :thinking:

1 Like