Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

We all know this is a universal subject for discussion and debate.
And yes, I just felt like I had to post this before #37 went up to 500. I’m such a scumbag.

1 Like

Oh, you fiendish criminal! Posting before the thread reached 500 posts! For that, I shall now make you eat a pizza with pineapple on it.

… Honestly I don’t see why people hate pineapples. Although I will say, as someone who does like them, I hate how if I eat the actual raw fruit (And not any of the canned variants), my tongue starts feeling like it’s deteriorating. Like you know, extreme sensitivity and just a general unpleasant feeling.

If that wasn’t a thing, I’d probably be eating a lot more pineapple than I usually do.

Blizzard peeve now: Unless anyone is able to link me some information that tells otherwise, then I think it is safe to say that Blizzard is very much franked. Let’s be honest, hearing that Diablo 3 was supposed to have a second expansion but was canned out of the blue, the fact that Activision’s planting a bad-hearted woman CFO in to Blizzard’s management in order to say “Don’t spend too much money on games, be cost-effective”, I think it is safe to say that Blizzard is going down the drain.

It’s a shame too… Because I for one find World of Warcraft to be a darling game that I grew up with, and it’d be hard for me to see it go away once Blizzard inevitably gets shut down and cannibalized by Activision.

I hate these big corporate publishers. Really. A bunch of crusty old vampires who deserve nothing but scorn in their lives.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with pineapples on pizza, rather good to be fair. And I agree, definitely would eat more pineapple, but there’s that unpleasant feeling.

As for me, letting my tablet gather dust is a large peeve of mine. Haven’t touched it for ages to do any sketching or drawing at all.

3 Likes

I totally know the feeling. Mine is collecting dust for months and months. So instead of kicking myself to draw something, I picked up crocheting and am making a fancy cover for it.

Procrastination at its finest.

1 Like

It’s from the previous thread, but I agree with it so much. More hair options, longer hair! Wouldn’t mind if they gave all non-tentacle void elf hair options to blood elves and the blood elf hair options to void elves. Because… why wouldn’t they be possible? Does Void make you unable to cut your hair the way you used to cut them a few years ago?

4 Likes

I’ve recently been playing Hearthstone with a free to play deck and, my God.
Half of the people I’m up against with their fancy, golden, newest expansion deck they bought get beaten by my basic, common beast set? Considering I only got beat last time by a “Everyone get in here” type meme, I’m pretty proud of myself …

3 Likes

It’s a pet peeve in the sense that I don’t like all the nauseating decks that people who slam down loads of cash on Hearthstone have made. And people who cheese me with “everyone get in here” memes hands.

The main problem with Hearthstone and the card decks, that I can think of, is just that: The amount of cards that are available for people to get, and how people who spend a lot of time playing the game, or spend heaps of money on it, can essentially have a lot of options to play with and it just as well opens them up to a lot more decks that pretty much destroy anyone who doesn’t play as much, or wishes to spend money on the game.

“But that is how it’s supposed to be with card games!” someone might say. Personally, I consider that to be nonsense, because one: Some decks are stitched together through several card expansion sets, meaning that some cards you won’t be able to get via card packs (I guess you can get them with disenchantment dust, but last I played, it was a bit of an unreliable method of getting cards).

I understand why the large number of cards. Doesn’t mean I find it all that great, because new players may feel discouraged to try the game, if their basic cards aren’t going to be enough to deal with most other players and their amazing card sets.

And I don’t think it’s unfair to think that way, and it’s not unfair to think that there is a certain treshold for card games, before they become pointless to try out, and I feel like Hearthstone has reached that point.

I would also like to say that I find it a bit irksome about how blatant BfA is with how the Old Gods = Lovecraftian terrors, especially with N’zoth and the upcoming bits and pieces with 8.1 and onward. I think it’s fair to say that Lovecraft’s work is fairly good and all, and that there are many works out in the wild that have been inspired by him one way or another.

But there has to be a border between “Inspired by” and “This is a fanfiction”. Before BfA, I think it’s safe to say that the eldritch Old God horrors were just inspired by Lovecraft, now with the upcoming patches, we’re bordering on fanfic territory.

I guess it could be chalked down to “Blizzard writing ripping from established stories as per usual”, but still, would be nice to have something interesting, apart from a fanfic in the making.

I feel like i am the only one who actually likes pineapple on pizza i haven’t had it in ages but its still good haha.

Hearthstone’s problem above all is there’s no trade system.

Sure every other TCG has tons of cards and you have to pray for good packs, but you can also skip that and fork out to buy or trade the cards you want. It’s how I played Pokemon. Speaking of which, the online Pokemon TCG lets you scan a QR code from every physical pack to get a random pack in the digital game as well, which you can then trade (unopened) to other players for cards of your choice. It’s not uncommon for players to refer to the packs as a ‘currency’ (3 packs for a Pikachu or whatever). Not only that but you can regularly earn free packs by playing the game, reaching season milestones and participating in ‘theme deck only’ tournaments that occur several times a day (And are easy to win if you have an ideal theme deck, as in the kind of decks you buy to start playing with).

Compare this to Hearthstone where there’s no player trading/buying/selling of cards, and the dust exchange rate is crap. I had to disenchant my entire collection save for one class to make a meta paladin deck. And that’s all I could ever play.

Then I try to play the game again a while back and all my stuff got rotated into ‘Wild’ format (AKA the dumpster which is never taken seriously like Modern/Expanded in other TCGs). Which left a huge sour taste in my mouth and I never wanted to play the game again. Doesn’t help they keep nerfing/removing the few good ‘classic’ cards that never rotate or are available to free players from the get go.

I honestly migrated to Pokemon and Elder Scrolls Legends after that. Both games are far more generous, and quite frankly more entertaining than “Oh look another facerush deck, better hope I topdeck exactly what I need because this game has no draw power what so ever!”.

Also they stopped doing adventures, likely because they gave you exact cards for an exact price instead of making you buy packs.

Hearthstone is my pet peeve, so here’s a list of alternate digital TCG/CCGs you can play instead that either play better, have less or no RNG or are more generous:

• Elder Scrolls Legends (You can play story for some solid legendaries, has mechanics to prevent mindless aggro, can buy pre-made decks with legendaries for gold, a VS AI arena you can farm, dragons)
  • Pokemon TCG Online (Physical and digital collections, supports all formats, easy to make digital only progress, buying packs for real $ is dirt cheap if you just buy the QR code cards for literal pennies)
  • Shadowverse (Gives literally hundreds of packs away for just doing the tutorial and every new release, plays well, excessive waifu art may put people off)
  • Eternal (Basically MTG but without the absurd complexity, has a mechanic similar to land, reasonably generous in my experience)
  • Faeria (Strategy meets CCG, pay to play these days but I hear it’s still doing well)

There are more but these are the stand outs for me. It’s a shame because Hearthstone has incredible art and production values behind it, which makes the alternatives look or feel ‘cheap’ but the game itself is just painfully meh to me.

1 Like

Wait is the previous topic even closed?

I think it’s just become routine/tradition by this point.

peeve; booked in for surgery admission tomorrow at 7am. gaurentee i wont be taken down til like… 3pm or something. like why tell me to get there super early if i’m gonna be waiting half the day.

I got hit by a bike crossing the road. I am in horrible pain, covered in cuts and bruises, and worst of all, I left my new headphones in the road. They’re dead now.

Nope, it’s at 502 posts right now.

The Rider stopped after the collision?

Twas a push bike. He went flying too.
I picked him up after. He was thoroughly unscathed however.

pineapple with chicken and pepperoni is lucious <3

Pineapple on pizza is Morally Grey ™.

4 Likes

I like pineapple on pizza. :frowning:
Updated Peeve from who knows how long ago: Still no desired mount drop.

2 Likes

A demon in disguise you are!

1 Like