Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

/// Forums Assault in Progress ///

I have two small peeves right now.

The first one comes from the fact that MTG Arena becomes so much more enjoyable as soon as you have created your own deck. Up until today I only played with the basic decks, but now I have crafted a Dimir-Control-Deck and damn the game is suddenly better than ever before. That’s P2W! But, still…it’s Magic. So it’s okay. (My next deck will be Boros Angels…I got lucky with mythic cards so I am only missing a handful of them.)

The second WoW-related-peeve: Reputation grind. I want to get the Mag’har orcs and…urgh. The amount of world quests you are doings stands in direct correlation to your annoyance: Suddenly you will start to rage at things like trees, stones and enemies seemingly coming from all directions.

Real life peeve: I am terrified of tomorrow, as I am gonna be calling to a business in order to see if they will have a spot for me to work. It would be nice to work and not sit indoors all day gathering dust, but I am prone to being nervous and… Well, my natural charisma doesn’t really add up to my diplomacy rating.

Game peeve: Survival games. Not because they are bad (Although let’s be honest, not many can boast that they’re good), as any survival game could be considered great if the studio behind it have a clearly defined roadmap what to do with the game.

Unfortunately, many survival games are pretty much a result of someone trying to follow a trend, or trying to get a quick buck out of the game, so more often than not we’re left with pretty undercooked shoddy messes, that don’t have much content to it, or are so poorly designed that it’s a bit of an insult to one’s senses to witness it.

Worse thing about them is that more often than not, the only thing that these Survival Games offer is an open-world free for all PvP to it, and very little in the form of exploration or PvE, because for some reason the only thing that people want to do is club each other over the head repeatedly, instead of taking the time away from beating each other over the head and look around them to see where they are.

The things I wish to see in a survival game: The ability to play by yourself if you so desire (While the main draw is to play with friends, trying to survive by yourself is just as valid), a world designed for more than just PvP (The game that comes closest with that is Conan Exiles with dungeons and a world with some intrigue to it, but… That game has its own problems), communities interested in Roleplaying that don’t devolve in to people breaking the basic rules of common courtesy and not intentionally trying to grief people, and rule breakers being immediately punished for this (But that’s about as likely to happen as Survival games being half decent).

Like Fallout 76 had an opportunity to be a Survival Game that could have been good, since the Fallout universe is fairly beloved, and the idea on paper doesn’t sound so bad. But who can trust Bethesda with making a half functional game, really?

I see that Rend is on sale. Might consider giving that a bash, assuming I see the game having interesting elements in it. Closest game has been Conan Exiles, but without additional players, that game can quickly become a little… Lonesome.

Oh, that’s something Survival games are missing out with: Towns with Friendly/Neutral NPCs.

Several peeves coming from my old friend Procrastination.

Drawing… Although I do sketch here and there… Like silly stuff, shapes or just whatever goes through my mind the desire to make something makes me say “Ohhh pwettyyy” is gone. I know I’m terrible and frankly avoid comparing myself with other more talented artist… Still. I guess that’s how people who want to learn playing guitar but aren’t great at it feel.
Considered buying a tablet and try out digital drawing, maybe it could reignite the fire.

I paying for Wow but little interest in the game itself. I log, do my dailies on my alts to gear them up a bit so they can do Xmog runs in Legion raids, occasionally RP when my attention span allows it and that’s it. On current content my main issue is that there’s nothing meaningful to do, no sense of progression, high PVE stuff doesn’t feel like an interesting challenge but that the game has been designed to be purposely against you.

Which lead me to try out other games… Which I too abandoned :sweat:. AC rogue, AC Black Flag… Heck even Skyrim V which I had a good feeling about felt a bit like a let down even with mods. Games I’m invested mostly when I can being OW and Ori and the Blind forest definitive edition (that game is hell on high difficulty mode). I might consider trying out ARK survival or Conan Exile in the future.

And generally feeling lazy about my life outside of gaming… It’s a very boring one.

Oh… I have the game installed, but I don’t consider playing it. I have far too many other games to play. Destiny 2, I recently rebooted Skyrim (Both version: Classic and Special because one has mods that the other doesn’t that improves the experience by a bunch. But one has Oblivion Music and I like that a whole lot more), Path of Exile, and now I am interested in replaying the old Hitman games.

I can also relate to this. As some know, I do writing (It’s not exactly a secret), but… If I don’t have enough time to play all the games I want to play, I don’t have equal time to write. But that actually needs creative juices to flow, and mine are going at a snail’s pace. I even want to finish writing a piece about Destiny 2 on my blog, but I am not even halfway done with that (Note to self: Play more Destiny 2 to get a full impression before writing)

My pizza of choice is pineapple, sweetcorn, anchovies and onion.

I know it sounds kinda grim but the sweetness of the onion and pineapple works great with the saltiness from the anchovies. The sweetcorn is just there because I really like sweetcorn…

The great Hawaiian Pizza, the eternal debate, 100 years from now when we’re nothing but dust, this debate will continue to rage on. (Damn that sounded so edgy).

I for one love the great hawaiian pizza and people who do not love it, are probably gingers and they don’t have souls and cannot appreciate such a magnificent invention.

2 Likes

Doesn’t onion actually apply a more spicy sensation? At least whenever I ate anything with onion, it felt like I was eating something that could be associated to a spice.

Otherwise, your pizza sounds quite delicious. Personally I like my pizza with sliced hotdog, and extra cheese. Though I have lately been thinking about adding more to it. Like maybe tuna?

Actually, this reminds me: Plain tomato pasta sauce, with tuna mixed in. Simply to die for. I felt like an Italian eating spaghstti with that kind of combination.

1 Like

No idea where this dislike of pineapple pizza comes from, honestly. When I was a kid it was -the- pizza everybody had, alongside pepperoni. Then I woke up decades later to find that suddenly everybody hates it and has always hated it? That’s some voodoo right there.

Half inclined to think some overly tanned celebrity chief said he didn’t like it then a bunch of people jumped on a bandwagon honestly.

Also peeve: overly fake tanned people. Stop it. You look ridiculous. Like a damned oompa loompa.

2 Likes

Nah, it just takes common sense to realise that pineapple on a pizza is blatant heresy. I’ll forgive younger you, but I cannot forgive your parents for allowing it. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Peeve: Cinemas that don’t sell beer (looking at you, UK)

6 Likes

What? No! No, you don’t add tuna to a pizza, that’s just wrong!

That weekend went past rather quickly, and it’s snowing now.

Minor peeve: it’s “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” not “Skyrim V.”

I’m surprised I am still able to post.

Now that just depends on the cinema.

The ones here do not. but there was a pub attached to the front of the cinema up in Hereford and you could take the drinks in.

Tuna is great on pizza, it’s just like having a giant tune and cheese melt. Black olives are a good addition to tuna on pizza too.

Trust Zeep to speak the truth. Pineapples are heresy.

1 Like

Feeling that second one. Getting close to the Mag’har, which is allright I guess, I don’t particularly like orcs, but maining Horde it’s what happens. Kul Tiran humans look great though, but there’s no way I’ll put down the effort to get there, despite having a level 120 alliance character.

In about five minutes, I will make a call to a business in hopes of getting an interview, and I feel nervous.

Not exactly sure what to say to them. I know to introduce myself, but beyond that it feels like a bit of a blank.

Food debates are my pet peeve.

“HOW DARE YOU ENJOY THIS FOOD THAT THE FOOD POLICE DECLARED BADWRONG!”

Then again, I’m a very picky eater and I eat almost none of the stuff that people get into arguments about, so it’s just always felt silly to me, personally.

2 Likes

Meh, it’s harmless fun. I doubt anybody seriously, truly, deeply cares about who eats what and how 99% of the time. If they do then… well damn I want their life, to have so few problems you can actually truly give a damn about something as trivial as a pizza topping.

3 Likes

Hawaian is my favourite, COME AT ME HATERS IDGAF.

2 Likes